Post Thanks / Like

Re: where can i go to catch some stripers near rio vista

You would probably get more advice on the freshwater striper forum.
    I'm lovin' it! Bill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bayfisher123 View Post
    hi fellow fish sniffers me and my dad are planning on going to rio vista to fish for stripers or whatever we can hook into, is there any good fishing spots from shore near or in rio vista and what is the best bait, size hooks and setup to use. thanks,nick
    Sandy Beach park in Rio vista. Also anywhere along the river in Rio Vista you can fish from shore. Once you cross the Rio Vista bridge take the first right which brings you back to the river. Then either follow that road that hooks left or take the next right back under the bridge and look for parking lots on your left next to the river. this is also the way to Sandy Beach county park. there are signs.
    I use frozen of fresh shad on a 5/0 or 6/0 circle hook. Anchovies also work good.
    Last edited by kickinit; 09-19-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adding mre
    I'm lovin' it! Bill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bayfisher123 View Post
    hi fellow fish sniffers me and my dad are planning on going to rio vista to fish for stripers or whatever we can hook into, is there any good fishing spots from shore near or in rio vista and what is the best bait, size hooks and setup to use. thanks,nick

I normal fish at Antioch. You can try at the pier. It hit and miss. Normal this time of the year striper are there easy limit. This year is little late. I given a try this weekend to see if striper are in.
    I use mud sucker live bait is #1 choice.
    If you fish local blue gill for bait is very good action too.
    Dead bait shad or anchovy is good if you can't get live bait.
    Grass shrimp will work well too. Sometime sturgeon take the bait at the pier. But must use barbless hook if you want to catch it legal.

I fish Rio Vista in late Nov-Jan more action those time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hook where can i go to catch some stripers near rio vista