Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just bought myself a yak.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Angler View Post
    Good for you....you might want to consider Native Watercraft Slayer 12...it is definitely a slayer! I've read its review at http://fishingsun.com/native-watercr...yer-12-review/ and it's seriously one of a kind!
    Second this opinion on the slayer. Getting one myself eventually. True reverse is a game changer. As for the inflatable, you can get a nice yak of craigslist for cheap. My first one was a cobra explorer which tracks awesome and cuts through swells good enough. Only got if for $300. Inflatables have a hard time in current and wind. Personally, if I were you, I'd send it back to get something more stout. If cartopping the yak is a concern, there are many systems out there that you could look into for this.
    ------------------------------------
    Live life through experiences
    ------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you....you might want to consider Native Watercraft Slayer 12...it is definitely a slayer! I've read its review at http://fishingsun.com/native-watercr...yer-12-review/ and it's seriously one of a kind!

Post Thanks / Like

My friend has the exact same kayak. Just to give you a head up, don't paddle too far. It may be a challenge to get back because this kayak is bulky and relatively slow, especially when paddling against 20+ wind on the delta. My friend got tired of paddling after the first time and decided to add two outriggers/stabilizers and a trolling motor to help him maneuver around. He also had to register his kayak because of the motor.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought myself a yak.

This seems to have good review and so I bought one and will convert it into a fishing yak when it arrives. It comes with a skeg to keep it straight for easy kayaking. I will convert the extra seat in front of me to hold my various gears, and maybe an anchor. I wish there is another color aside from yellow.

kayakintex.jpg

Amazon.com: Intex Explorer K2 Kayak, Yellow: Sports & Outdoors