Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Amador 10-28 with pics

I didn't get to ask Lorie at the cafe whether or not Mt. Lassen(Lassen fish farm is up by Shasta! mind blowing after learning about this on Monday!) is going to drive down weekly and plant the lake or maybe the once a day thing they had going on last spring for a bit.
    I read on Facebook that they wereplanting once a week.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for one day, teach a man to fish and he takes all your fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby Lock View Post
    Going to Amador soon for my first try there. Any suggestions on where to fish?
    Fish along side the dam. Don't cast far. The fish are literally 5-10ft from the shoreline. I will be out there in the rain this weekend! The action won me over; that is until Camanche starts planting then I rotate between the mother lodes.
    A lot guys and gal fish. Anyone can fish. But how many people can catch? I don't fish. I catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Going to Amador soon for my first try there. Any suggestions on where to fish?

Post Thanks / Like

You guys should try Thomas Buoyant in gold and silver. You can try slow or fast retrieve and even let it sink and jig it..GL

Nice fillets BTW..

Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Post Thanks / Like

Been there on Sunday and Monday. Caught limits within 45 min two days in a row. Using PB. Only 1 caught on hardware.

Post Thanks / Like

Killing me with the reports on Amador...I need to get out there with powerbait on one rod and throwing a fly with the other!

Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday should be good! Forecast for cloudy day with rain! The trout should be active.

Funky weather probably turned the fish off for a bit. My buddy was there again on Monday and only got 3. He fished hard but the fish were lock jaw and just kept jumping around. All fish were caught on hardware though for that day. I suspect that's probably what happened with this clear warm weather during the day and cool nights. Things should get better come after Halloween. But then again it probably will be a zoo on weekends! Zoo or not, I'll probably be out there though. I've had enough of salmon for the year and I despise the basin after lower closure on the AR...

But nice catch though! I'm wondering how Mt. Lassen is going to do this stocking thing with Amador. I didn't get to ask Lorie at the cafe whether or not Mt. Lassen(Lassen fish farm is up by Shasta! mind blowing after learning about this on Monday!) is going to drive down weekly and plant the lake or maybe the once a day thing they had going on last spring for a bit. Well hope to see you out there then!
    A lot guys and gal fish. Anyone can fish. But how many people can catch? I don't fish. I catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Amador 10-28 with pics

So decided to hit up amador just to check things out, this is my second time there went once last year for the first time during christmas and limited out on amabows. So arrived at the lake at 7:15 am, not much activity, no fish jumping or surfacing. Tossed out some powerbait and tossed kastmasters, spinners, fly water bobber, powerworms, power mice, ect.. on my other rod for nothing. This goes on till about 11:00 am when fish activity picks up and they start jumping, toss out a #7 flicker shad and finally hook into a fish but its the wrong kind

Green Trout

Next my powereggs get slammed

Nice 3 lb lassen rainbow

That would be the end of it for me, stayed till 1:00 pm and left. Lots of people there for a weekday, I would say about 15 bankies and about 5 boats. Most fisherman had about 1 or 2 fish one guy got his limit, action not hot but fish are there. Saw no fish caught on lures, all on bait, didnt seem to matter what type of color of powerbait or eggs or powermice they all seemed to perform equally for the bankies. Fish are hugging the shore so dont cast far, go out and get them guys! Ill be back, seems like a nice fishery. On a funny note saw this trolling boat guy literally doing figure eights in front of this bank guy who caught a fish, like right on top of his lines lol.

Final Tally

Dinner tomorrow!

Give a man a fish, he eats for one day, teach a man to fish and he takes all your fish!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12