Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question is the Lamiglas CC 795 worth purchasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankie View Post
    Thank you both RNP and dsa2780 yes this is a loaded question I should have given more info, but I think I would have lost the honestly that you both brought me. I have purchased the Lamiglas with the abu garcia 6601 and they feel like a desent combo to have now its up to me to put the time in out on the water . I have been here before the move and now that the sniffer is back so am I (aka Fins). The honest fishing advise along with the willingness to help others is the reason I'm using this site.

I think you are new in
    fishing world. Lamiglas CC 795 is only a fishing rod. For fishing reel is much important then the rod. So you can purchasing this. Also, i can give you some best fishing rod those are you can buy.....

• Lew's Custom Pro Speed Stick. Price: $200
    • Fenwick Aetos. Price: $160
    • 13 Fishing Muse Black. Price: $185
    • Shimano Zodias. Price: $200
    • Daiwa Tutula. Price: $100.
    • Dobyns Sierra Series. Price: $160
    • Temple Forks Outfitters Series. Price: $190

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both RNP and dsa2780 yes this is a loaded question I should have given more info, but I think I would have lost the honestly that you both brought me. I have purchased the Lamiglas with the abu garcia 6601 and they feel like a desent combo to have now its up to me to put the time in out on the water . I have been here before the move and now that the sniffer is back so am I (aka Fins). The honest fishing advise along with the willingness to help others is the reason I'm using this site.

3. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mark Wilson signature is a very nice rod, but like was said, it isn't necessary to catch them. Try to track one down in person and compare the action to other rods of varying price ranges. In this day and age there are tons of nice companies and options out there. When we trolled we always used 8' Medium light Ugly Tiger Downrigger rods since they're relatively inexpensive, whippy and load up really nice when you get hit trolling at high speed shallow. Find a rod that has a lot of parabolic bend like a salmon rod and some backbone in the lower section since it isn't out of the question to hook a 40lb stripe when trolling. Smaller lures like ratltraps and speedtraps can be fished on normal bass crankin' rods, but for the rebels and bomber style plugs, especially if you plan on using those magnum sized ones from time to time, look for a rod with similar specs as the mark wilson signature.

I currently have an Okuma SST 7'9" salmon rod, heavy action but it has a really sensitive tip. I would troll plugs with it with confidence without a doubt. Longer rods can get awkward trying to land fish though, something else to keep in mind. I know a few guides are trolling with whatever cranking rod Phenix has out right now as well and they like them.

It's all preference, but with trolling that sensitivity in the tip and parabolic bend is crucial, I think most people would agree on that. Gotta know when you have grass on that plug or you're not going to get bit.
    Last edited by dsa2780; 01-03-2016 at 11:37 PM.

5. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a bit of a loaded question than can be argued either way. How you define "worth the money" and how I define it may be two totally different things. Is it a good rod for trolling striper? Yes. Can I personally justify spending that kind of money on a rod? Maybe. Would I? Not at the current time. I take people out on my boat who may or may not be as careful with gear as I am and my gear gets bounced around quite a bit from boat to garage to truck depending on whether I'm fishing lakes or rivers or on my boat or someone else's. Even with a rod sleeve they get beat around a bit so I can't see myself spending the money. If it were just me and sportygirl using the gear on the river all the time I might do it.

As far as other rods, there are many out there and again it becomes a matter of choice. I know some guys who will by BPS brand rods because they are decent and inexpensive. They can get beat up on the boat and it doesn't break the bank to replace them every couple years. For me, I try and use rods that will work for striper and salmon trolling so I'm not having to swap back and forth as much and it cuts down on the amount of storage room I need. I currently have a couple Okuma SST rods, one ugly Stik striper, one ugly Stik catfish (for those who only use spinning reels), a fenwick (unknown model), and a Lami X11 that I will use trolling. If I were to think about replacing all those with cc795 or similar, I'd need another job to afford it.

Bottom line for me, it's about what works and what I can afford. Not being rich or a pro staffer getting good discounts it becomes a matter of practicality.

~RNP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Question is the Lamiglas CC 795 worth purchasing?

I'm looking for a striper rod to go with my Abu garcia 6601, is this rod worth the money or is there a rod out there I should really look into? Asking for any and all thoughts comments and personal experience.
    Thanks