Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hot water is supposed to stay around Baja/SoCal this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bricoop View Post
    Went out looking for Halibut out of Dana Point last week. Fishing in ~100ft of water. Only landed 1 fish, a giant black sea bass (a Juvenile). It wiggled off before I got a picture. A 27# Halibut was pulled out just North of DP in ~100ft of water while we were out there.
    I think they were still getting giant Bluefin last month noorth of the border.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out looking for Halibut out of Dana Point last week. Fishing in ~100ft of water. Only landed 1 fish, a giant black sea bass (a Juvenile). It wiggled off before I got a picture. A 27# Halibut was pulled out just North of DP in ~100ft of water while we were out there.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of gear are you using in those boats? Is everyone using 100# class rods and reels? Just curious because I want to plan a trip like that next year too

Post Thanks / Like

So - just got back from my trip on the 5 day Red Rooster 3. Can't think of anything negative to say. A trip of a lifetime. The service, the boat, the crew, the food and most of all the fishing were all way beyond my expectations. All the seasoned fishermen on the boat said that this was by far the best boat and trip they have been on even the care of your fish! The scores were 105 blue fin tuna and 3 yellow tail. I've got a freezer full of sushi grade. Awesome. Fish ranged from 70 to approx 95 lbs. such a good trip made my reservation for next year same date. That should say it all!!

5. Likes salmonid, Jeff E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Give us the news when you get back! Should be all time!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing on the red rooster 3 for a 5 day trip out of San Diego anyone with a report or experience first part of September. Looking forward to it.

8. Likes Jeff E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot water is supposed to stay around Baja/SoCal this summer!

Just read this on a weather site last week. The last two summers were awesome!