Thread: Union Valley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Union Valley

Sunset doesn't open until the concessionaire opens for the season at the campgrounds which is Memorial Day weekend. Been this way for years. Fortunately you can still launch at Sunset after the concession closes after Labor Day until the first snows. Guides tried pushing for an earlier start date but they have been declined.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen a dock at the Union Valley dam ramp.

Frustrating they don't open the Sunset ramp earlier. Loon is the same. Nice facilities at both, the public can't use for a month or more, even when they're free of snow. I expect it's a maintenance cost / vandalism issue. May be some other regulation thing, but I sure wish it could be changed.

Even so, both lakes are accesable and nice places to be this time of year.

3. Likes TroutLife liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fat fish View Post
    My cousin just tried fishing it and gate was closed at sunset. Not sure about the dam launch. He fished icehouse for one bow instead.
    I ended up driving up there on Sunday to look at the area, talked to someone waiting just outside the sunset gate waiting for a park ranger. They were saying the sunset ramp won't open until Memorial day. Didn't go over to the Dam, do you know if that ramp ever has a dock?

Hit Ice House yesterday in the afternoon. Marked lots of fish in the 10-40' range but got skunked. Beautiful day though.

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin just tried fishing it and gate was closed at sunset. Not sure about the dam launch. He fished icehouse for one bow instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Union Valley

Any reports from UVR? Heading up on Monday. Is the sunset ramp open yet? I imagine if the fishing ain’t good the view of the crystal basin has to be awesome!!!