Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout recipes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trout recipes

[IMG2][/IMG2]
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    Real simple for me, bbq (time depends on size of fish), right on the grill and then some cajun spice when they are done, pretty damn good!

The taters are a good compliment too.
    I have never tried Cajun spice until couple days ago it has little fire to it but good your right

Post Thanks / Like

Real simple for me, bbq (time depends on size of fish), right on the grill and then some cajun spice when they are done, pretty damn good!

The taters are a good compliment too.

Post Thanks / Like

Great recipes. The rock thing little too much Flintstones for me. I stumbled on a way how to make trout taste exactly like kippered snacks so delicious.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to try this out.

Post Thanks / Like

for bigger trout (2 pounds +) cut into steaks, marinate in soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, black pepper, salt, garlic, and whatever spices you want for 1-2 hours

put some squares of foil on the grill, throw in some damp hickory or mesquite chunks on the coals, and place steaks on the foil.

Grill till meat is flaky, no need to flip over, just pull the foil off the grill when trout is done.

This recipe works good for salmon too.

Streamside, I start a fire with some pine needles on a flat rock next to the water. I throw some driftwood on the fire, let the rock get hot, then throw the trout on the rock right next to the fire with no seasoning, let it get browned from the fire, flip once, make sure it is fully cooked and eat it. Probably the best way to eat a trout you caught 20 minutes ago.
    Last edited by Jeff213; 04-17-2017 at 11:46 AM.

6. Likes Tifoso, OYD, USED 2 B IRON, CDK, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pan fried trout and fried taters is the bomb... It really does bring back memories from childhood camp trips... It's like trout and taters never tasted so good as when you were camping... Many evenings sitting on the shore at Prosser Res. and Carson River cooking that up...

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

8. Likes CAL.NDN, Waterdog, Tifoso, USED 2 B IRON liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And if you want to go the whole fry route, cut up some potatoes, onion and green peppers fry it up and serve it with the trout. One of the best breakfasts I've had was 25 years ago on a houseboat at lake Shasta. We went out early one morning and caught a bunch of small mouth (trout would have been good too), came back to the houseboat and fried up the small mouth along with fried potatoes, OMG was it good. I still remember that breakfast like it was yesterday. Good times, good food equals great memories.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Pan fried trout, yummmmm. Put about a 1/4 inch oil in a fry pan and heat it. Take flour that you've put some salt, pepper, and other spices in and dredge the trout in the flour mixture. Fry trout and serve with lemon wedges. Every time I have this it brings back some great memories of past camping/fishing trips and Montana back packing /fishing trips.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    For planted trout I borrowed a recipe from an old duck hunter for Coot. It involves marinating the crap out of the trout and cooking on a cedar plank, throwing away the trout and eating the plank.
    The only problem is finding a good quality cedar plank. I think this is the same recipe that Crabby uses.

12. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For planted trout I borrowed a recipe from an old duck hunter for Coot. It involves marinating the crap out of the trout and cooking on a cedar plank, throwing away the trout and eating the plank.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

14. Likes CRABBY, StayedHungry, CDK liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast