Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lowrance 5 HDI ?

PM sent. Thanks for the offer.

Post Thanks / Like

You can send the unit to me and I will update the firmware and troubleshoot your glitches.
    Pro Staff - MACK'S-SHASTA TACKLE CO
    Pro Staff - SCOTTY FISHING
    Pro Staff - SHARK TROLLING PRODUCTS
    Pro-Staff - WATER WOLF HD CAMERAS
    Ambassador - Pro-Cure Bait Scents

3. Likes redneckpunk, Katch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    I may be at the point where it is time to change units but not sure. I have never updated the unit so I guess that could be a problem but I don't really know. The small glitches that it has developed for the most part I am able to work around but not too happy that I need to. The latest glitch is it will only record my trail for a few minutes and I can actually watch the trails disappear off the screen as fast as the new ones are being displayed. It makes it impossible to retrace your trails because they are gone before you could turn around. I have tried clearing every trail that ever existed and starting a new one each day but that doesn't work either.
    With that info here are a couple of questions.
    Since the unit has never been upgraded can the latest upgrade be installed now or do I need to get each upgrade that has been offered over the last few years one at a time?
    I have been told many times that there is no way to have someone else do the upgrade and mail me the card. Why not? If I was able to do the upgrade at home wouldn't I then take the card out of the computer and walk out to my head unit and install it? Why can't one be mailed that is current?
    If the unit has never interfaced with any other computer where did the glitches come from? I understand keeping a computer updated, it communicates with other computers constantly but the Lowrance is a stand alone unit that has never had any new info introduced to it.
    I may have an individual who is not a fisherman but a computer guy take my unit to his house to play with it so he needed to know about the old updates.
    I know I am not the only guy who has issues and cannot get the unit updated at home so just looking to see how the issues were handled. Lowrance of course told me to find a local dealer and have them help but that means driving 1.5 hours to a dealers store and I was hoping to avoid that. I almost never drive to Sacramento.

Totally unrelated but to give you an idea of my skills I received a "Smart Phone" for Christmas and cannot get it to function at all but getting help is way easier. Everyone younger than me has a smart phone.
    You can get the latest upgrade on the unit with no problem. You would need to mail your card to someone to retain your map dara and get it sent back. It can be done though.
    As for the glitch it might just be a bug that is finally active. That or the units processor is starting to give out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oh cool you'll be a certified texter soon like the rest of the world LoL... Probably closest neighbor to crabby with a smart phone ... I'm sure somebody on here will give you some useful info... If not pm reeljerks...

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

6. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance 5 HDI ?

I may be at the point where it is time to change units but not sure. I have never updated the unit so I guess that could be a problem but I don't really know. The small glitches that it has developed for the most part I am able to work around but not too happy that I need to. The latest glitch is it will only record my trail for a few minutes and I can actually watch the trails disappear off the screen as fast as the new ones are being displayed. It makes it impossible to retrace your trails because they are gone before you could turn around. I have tried clearing every trail that ever existed and starting a new one each day but that doesn't work either.
    With that info here are a couple of questions.
    Since the unit has never been upgraded can the latest upgrade be installed now or do I need to get each upgrade that has been offered over the last few years one at a time?
    I have been told many times that there is no way to have someone else do the upgrade and mail me the card. Why not? If I was able to do the upgrade at home wouldn't I then take the card out of the computer and walk out to my head unit and install it? Why can't one be mailed that is current?
    If the unit has never interfaced with any other computer where did the glitches come from? I understand keeping a computer updated, it communicates with other computers constantly but the Lowrance is a stand alone unit that has never had any new info introduced to it.
    I may have an individual who is not a fisherman but a computer guy take my unit to his house to play with it so he needed to know about the old updates.
    I know I am not the only guy who has issues and cannot get the unit updated at home so just looking to see how the issues were handled. Lowrance of course told me to find a local dealer and have them help but that means driving 1.5 hours to a dealers store and I was hoping to avoid that. I almost never drive to Sacramento.

Totally unrelated but to give you an idea of my skills I received a "Smart Phone" for Christmas and cannot get it to function at all but getting help is way easier. Everyone younger than me has a smart phone.

8. Likes CRABBY liked this post