Thread: New to fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to fishing

Late response - but I am new to fishing as well, my second season actually. I've learned that fishing is greally good at the DWC and there's nothing wrong with it at all. Depending on the time of the year, you can catch darn near everything in there - bass, catfish, striper, salmon, sturgeon.. and so on. No need to go anywhere else if you're only 10 minutes from there.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome Jam, plan on taking vacation the 2nd weekend of oct and come to the pyramid fest in Nevada. you'll have the best weekend of fishing, with a good potluck on Saturday evening, andmeet a lot of the sniffer people. hope to meet you there.
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Re: New to fishing

Thanks for responding guys I appreciate it. A little about myself is a great place to start. I am 26 years old besides fishing I ride motorcycles and play football for a women's team in Sacramento. I'm really laid back and easy to get along with. I was born in Sacramento but have lived in KY and Missouri as well. If there is something you want to know feel free to ask or PM me :) What do I like to fish for? Whatever is going to bite! Honestly I don't think I know enough to say I am only fishing for something specific but I have been buying bait for striper and sturgeon. The boat isn't mine and the picture is about 5 years old I was taken fishing by a friends grandfather. That's what I have been reading mostly is that water is just to high and to brown for good fishing but I am still out there practicing. I am free every Tuesday and Sunday to fish :) I do work full time but never mind taking a day off to fish. I am mostly fishing the deep water channel in west sac right now its about 10 minutes from my house.

4. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Tell what you like to fish for. Trout, striper, steel, salmon? Fill us in and we can overwhelm you with worthless info. LOL
    Cheers,

6. Likes Jam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome jam. Yep with rivers blown out not many getting out right now. Only thing I been hitting is the foothill lakes for trout. Nice fish by the way and dog but I'm really liking all them pole holders in the garage way to take care of them.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CAL.NDN; 02-05-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

8. Likes Jam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jam welcome to the boards. Because of all the rain and the lousy water conditions this is a really slow time for fishing. Few people are going out and fewer are taking their boats out. Depending on the weather I don't expect things to improve for a couple weeks or a month or more. You may not get any offers for awhile because of the poor conditions.
    You may want to give a little more information about yourself as it helps people make a match personality wise. Also indicate what days you are available to fish.
    Id be happy to take you out (I live not far in Elk Grove) but because of the water conditions and weather probably won't put my boat in the water until March.
    in your picture it looks like you are next to a boat - is that your boat? Just curious. Good luck, tight lines.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

10. Likes Jam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New to fishing

Hey folks I am new to fishing but it has quickly become something I cannot see myself going without. I am out fishing every chance I get but going through a learning curve. I am reading every forum I can and spending all my free time in the local bait shop asking a lot of questions. I live in West Sacramento and just thought I would throw it out there. If anyone would be okay with taking me with them fishing I don't care if its bank or boat whatever works for me and just sharing with me what you know and any tips I would really appreciate it. Willing to chip in for whatever is needed. Thanks for checking this out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Likes Waterdog, CAL.NDN, reeltor, USED 2 B IRON liked this post