Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lamiglas Redline HGS94MHS 9'4" 10-20 Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by FISHERPRICE View Post
    What weight did you get ??
    10-20. I have a Lami Bronzeback 8-15 and a Cabelas FishEagle 50 15-30. This rod will replace the 10-20 FishEagle II that broke on me last year. Wish they still offered the FishEagle II. I was my favorite Salmon rod.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

What weight did you get ??
    Quote Originally Posted by plug-n-jug View Post
    yeah, all rigged and ready to go. Cant wait to try it out. Every time i go into the man cave and see it hanging there kills me! The 16th isn't too far away!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_M View Post
    Well did you get it Kev?
    Yeah, all rigged and ready to go. Cant wait to try it out. Every time I go into the Man Cave and see it hanging there kills me! The 16th isn't too far away!

4. Likes Jimmy_M liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I have that exact model, fished the Feather and American with no issues, caught lots of salmon. BUT it doesn't do well against someone moving the seat back and crushing the tip! Mailed it back and waiting on replacement. I also use a cabela's rod, 9 ft. Tourney Trail. It's priced dirt cheap and as long as it's the IM7 blank, will withstand 50lbers! (That's my loaner rod).

Post Thanks / Like

Well did you get it Kev?
    Fishing, it's cheaper than therapy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    I'm shopping for a new Salmon rod. I Bank fish the American, Feather and Sacramento rivers drifting beads or tossing hardware. I'm looking for reviews/opinions on the Lamiglas RedLine HS94MHS 9'4" MH Fast 10-20 Spinning rod. I'm going to pair it with a Shimano Stradic 4000FJ. $150 is my budget so this rod looks like it fills the bill well. Anyone out there have experience with this rod?
    Sorry for late reply but I would buy two more if I needed them . Like Chris said they have held up to many fish and I just preferred the challenge on the noodle side of things . But these rods I personally enjoy and have had awesome experience working directly with Lami on issue's I had with there cheaper rods . I have the Stadic Ci4 2500 and then change out the spool with the 3500 when more line or bigger test is needed . Good luck !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_M View Post
    Kevin,

If you decide to buy one look it over really well in the stores, don't buy online. Almost everyone I seen at Sportsmans on Sunrise have defects. There was even one on their shelf with a broken tip...
    I've bought lamiglass rods online with zero issues from cabelas. If there's an issue with your lamiglass rid they'll warranty it. I wouldn't worry about defaults too much. Usually that's the store mishandling the rods or customers breaking rods when the "test" the flex out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    I had a St. Croix Triumph last Year. Loved the action but it blew up on me on the 3rd cast the second time I used it! Cabelas replaced it no questions asked but I don't have much confidence in it now. It has been to demoted back up rod status.
    Well crap... hope I dont have that to look forward too! Have been using them for years so far no problem, but that sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin,

If you decide to buy one look it over really well in the stores, don't buy online. Almost everyone I seen at Sportsmans on Sunrise have defects. There was even one on their shelf with a broken tip...
    Fishing, it's cheaper than therapy!

11. Likes Bankie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cal1319 View Post
    I fished with a St. Croix triumph and wild river back east on the salmon river and really enjoyed those rods. Have yet to have a chance to use them out here yet, hopefully soon!
    I had a St. Croix Triumph last Year. Loved the action but it blew up on me on the 3rd cast the second time I used it! Cabelas replaced it no questions asked but I don't have much confidence in it now. It has been to demoted back up rod status.
    Last edited by Plug-n-Jug; 02-15-2017 at 06:57 AM.

13. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast