Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salmon Spinner Questions

Here's the situation... Same lure side by side... 1 lure just split ring... 1 lure swivel + split ring then hook... Do they look to far apart..? The blade to hook gap..?

Hard to tell from the pics I should of hung them up right...

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by monkey916; 03-12-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think..? Hook closer to spinner blade..? or further away..? Opinions please... Silvertrons are close as it gets... LoL... I got a old spinner builder saying close as you can get... and newer generation guys looks like they leave some room...
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a bit of trouble with some of the crimps I'm doing on the salmon spinner's I'm building... On about every other crimp its cocking my straight inline loop... I haven't managed to figure out either a wire position or crimp groove in the crimpers to avoid this... Nothing like ruining a spinner last crimp... Any advise appreciated... Its on the titanium wire...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas... There is definitely a learning curve on building spinners... The actual .035 wire would be easier to work with than the titanium wire if I had a wire former tool... Still contemplating that... All places in town are out... Right now the titanium is easier to work with...Im hoping the titanium is rigid enough for them to run right... Bending that .035 by hand is not easy if you want a good looking loop... I already found out to give myself a little extra for the titanium wire LoL... You'll get a few holes in your fingers if you try to bend a loop in it with not enough extra wire... Only time will tell. They both have pluses and minuses... But if they run right... and the crimps hold up titanium would definitely be the way to go... No more bent spinners would be a good deal... Probably not for lure companies tho... LoL...
    Last edited by monkey916; 02-24-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin good. Looks like you could start Monkeys Magic Salmon Lure Co. Now for the looooooog wait for the season to start.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

6. Likes monkey916 liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice twist job in the .035
    Crimp looks nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dam looking good!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Tinkering with a few...

This crimp look OK..?

10. Likes QueenAnnesRevenge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

See we are all in agreement on the hook tubing LoL... I wish they didn't put it on but it hides janky looking wire twists... First thing I do when I buy a spinner is cut that stuff off... Or at least enough off so the hook moves free...

Post Thanks / Like

Monkey
    1. Silver is what I use the most. I also like Silver that are half red and half silver.(I paint them myself) Last season brass or copper worked well for me. I used a brass body and shiny brass double blade blue fox and it was killer.

2. Always double blade. I think double blade gives out a little more vibration and flash which seems to bring out their aggressive response.

3. Beads - red, pink, yellow. The same or in combination. I don't know if the bead color makes any difference but red is my favorite.

4. Trebles

5. No

looks like you'll be ready to roll when the season starts.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 02-19-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

13. Likes monkey916 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast