Post Thanks / Like

Re: Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP DI G2

Quote Originally Posted by Doxy View Post
    Looking at buying new sonar. Does anyone own / or have an opinion as to the quality of New Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP DI G2?
    I'd like to hear some reviews too.

Post Thanks / Like

Star Re: Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP DI G2

I owned Raymarine and Garmim units prior to buying Humminbird Helix 7 G2N units. I have 2 now, the SI and the basic . I troll with Minn Kota Motors with the I-Pilot Link, so i was motivated to buy the G2N Helix's since they will command my Minn Kota's through the mapping program. Since i fish alone mostly, this makes a huge difference. I simply set the depth i want to fish and the Helix keeps me on course so I dont have to worry about adjusting my down rigger balls as much. As far as features, its better than any I have had. Good interface, with bright screens and a real good quality feel to them. I can definitely recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the Helix 7 But I have had nothing but trouble with my Hummingbird 1199 I paid $2000 .00 for the unit and it work for a few months then into the shop several times. And you don't even get your same unit back. They just pull one off the shelf that they claim they went through and send it back to you. I am now going through the problem all over again. Just a piece of junk And we as the consumer buy this stuff and they know that most people will not fight them when there is problems. No company wants to give good customer service anymore Good luck in your pick for a fishing Graph

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best info I've found regarding hummingbird units. Good luck: http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Post Thanks / Like

Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP DI G2

Looking at buying new sonar. Does anyone own / or have an opinion as to the quality of New Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP DI G2?