Thread: Red Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Red Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    To many people today seem to be oblivious to the idea that a red light or stop sign mean STOP. I see people all the time that that think they are special and just blow through a red light. Had 2 friends killed years ago by someone who blew a red light and hit them broad side.
    Same with stop signs, nobody seems to come to a complete stop at stop signs any more. One day at a 4 way stop about a half mile from my home I stopped and watched and counted 21 out of 23 drivers who slowed but did not stop at the stop signs. Some barely slowed. I've nearly collided numerous times with people coming out of side streets and not stopping at the stop sign until I had to swerve around them. I'm thinking of getting a 50 year old pickup when they were all steel and built like tanks and not stopping or swerving for these sob's.
    We have the same stop sign floaters here too, they kind of wave their foot over the brake peddle and then hit the gas. The big thing over here is traffic circles, which are basically a 4 way stop (because a yield sign with a red border is a stop, then yield sign. Not a "blow through the circle because you obviously always have the right of way"). You treat a circle with caution and respect, most have no idea how to do it. European countries have multi lane circles with multiple exits, I drove them many times..........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    when I saw the subject, a different kind of 'red light' came to mind.
    but you are correct, cell phones cause more damage than guns, but politicians don't have the
    guts to go against that.
    jmho
    be safe
    I would rather drive a highway full of drunks, at least they are trying to stay between the lines and have their heads and eyes on the funny roadway. Not that I condone drunks driving, but I have been hit on two different occasions with morons on the phone/texting/playing video games. I carry a smart phone which is turned off and in a Blockit Pocket (no waves get in or out), I use the phone only when I am stopped. I have also seen officers pull over vehicles because they were talking/texting on a phone, one was a NV energy truck, another was a delivery truck colored brown. They seem to be on guard for it here, but the people who cause the trouble should change their ways.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    In Utah, the running a red is so bad that it isn't just the first car trying to make it. There is commonly a couple cars the follow the first offender through the intersection. It isn't cell phone influenced either. Folks just in too much of a hurry and extremely rude drivers.
    My last adventure over to Utah in 2014 was good going, but on the way back in October I saw much the same thing in Salt Lake City. Late at night and they were blowing through the reds as well..........Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Cell phones don't kill people, people kill people

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse moose View Post
    I went into Redding the other day and at three different Red lights, I witnessed a vehicle blow through that red light while on a cell phone.

Question is why aren't the California politicians not trying to ban call phones. It seems to me there are more crazies in vehicles with cell phone than crazies with guns.

Just in the last six months 3 of my friends have been T-boned at intersections from people on cell phones. Not one of my friends have been shot by anyone.
    when I saw the subject, a different kind of 'red light' came to mind.
    but you are correct, cell phones cause more damage than guns, but politicians don't have the
    guts to go against that.
    jmho
    be safe

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To many people today seem to be oblivious to the idea that a red light or stop sign mean STOP. I see people all the time that that think they are special and just blow through a red light. Had 2 friends killed years ago by someone who blew a red light and hit them broad side.
    Same with stop signs, nobody seems to come to a complete stop at stop signs any more. One day at a 4 way stop about a half mile from my home I stopped and watched and counted 21 out of 23 drivers who slowed but did not stop at the stop signs. Some barely slowed. I've nearly collided numerous times with people coming out of side streets and not stopping at the stop sign until I had to swerve around them. I'm thinking of getting a 50 year old pickup when they were all steel and built like tanks and not stopping or swerving for these sob's.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 03-20-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

9. Likes CRABBY, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse moose View Post
    I went into Redding the other day and at three different Red lights, I witnessed a vehicle blow through that red light while on a cell phone.

Question is why aren't the California politicians not trying to ban call phones. It seems to me there are more crazies in vehicles with cell phone than crazies with guns.

Just in the last six months 3 of my friends have been T-boned at intersections from people on cell phones. Not one of my friends have been shot by anyone.
    In Utah, the running a red is so bad that it isn't just the first car trying to make it. There is commonly a couple cars the follow the first offender through the intersection. It isn't cell phone influenced either. Folks just in too much of a hurry and extremely rude drivers.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

11. Likes okie, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lack of enforcement makes a law useless Lady justice is the one supposed to be blind, not the enforcers. .
    frui vita et piscium captura
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Red Lights

14. Likes CRABBY, okie liked this post