Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collins Lake 3/19

I've done alright on two trips to Collins Lake so far this year. First trip two weeks ago and I only caught one bass. Went again last Friday (17th) for the morning. Boated two trout and three bass plus lost a few. Trolling mostly Rapalas or a crippilure for the trout. The water is still murky but it is much better than Engelbright, Scotts Flat or Rollins right now.

-Trout530

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I trolled there in muddy conditions, a threaded night crawler behind a set of flasher blades was the best setup. You need some thump to draw them in. A black Arctic Fox fly behind flashers would work too. I always tip my Artic Fox flies with about 1 inch of night crawler or a whole red worm.

3. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished Collins 03/11/17 we did well from the beach everyone caught a fish. Most people around me caught their limit of pretty good size fish. When we tried from the dam no luck really. Seemed the closer to the dock from the beach the better. Used pb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    I did see more of it yesterday and it is in those secret locations I didn't show you. Mostly on the main lake near some shallow coves but it is moving around. I tend to fish the lake more than some and it took me a few trips to notice it.

All those dam secret locations. I'm only bringing my swimbait rod next time. Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Might be just a close to shore shallower water thing J... They were in the open camping area... They said all the bankers they saw got it... Even by the Dam...
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Grncrestliner and I fished it last Wednesday and I don't recall there being a bad moss/algae thing going on
    I did see more of it yesterday and it is in those secret locations I didn't show you. Mostly on the main lake near some shallow coves but it is moving around. I tend to fish the lake more than some and it took me a few trips to notice it.
    Last edited by Grncrestliner; 03-21-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkey916 View Post
    3 buddies of mine banked it there last week said that moss/algae crap sucked... Everyone was complaining... Ampm I agree LoL...

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    Grncrestliner and I fished it last Wednesday and I don't recall there being a bad moss/algae thing going on

Post Thanks / Like

3 buddies of mine banked it there last week said that moss/algae crap sucked... Everyone was complaining... Ampm I agree LoL...

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

10. Likes ampm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ampm View Post
    I suspect Grncrestliner is the culprit behind the big areas of moss that no one has seen there before. It was Crabby that brought it on his shoes when he fished in GC's boat and it spread from there.
    I luv spreading toxic noxious infectious repulsive STUFF wherever I go...

12. Likes ampm, CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect Grncrestliner is the culprit behind the big areas of moss that no one has seen there before. It was Crabby that brought it on his shoes when he fished in GC's boat and it spread from there.

14. Likes MKE, monkey916 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast