Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7 day trip to Guadalupe Is. Mx.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishstix024 View Post
    Very cool Ken! I'm also headed to Lupe this summer aboard the RP. Our trip leaves the last weekend of July and into August (8 days). It's my first time to the Lupe and I'm pumped. I've heard tales of mean 30-60lb YT that will break 80lb gear. White sharks that eat 150lb tuna at the boat! Sounds like combat fishing at its best.

I love the RP it's such a nice boat. The crew is super helpful and easy to get along with. The food is something out of a five star resturant. And, the boat itself is huge! Talk about space at the rail!!

Was your charter the Rowdy Rail Charter? Was Jay Lopes riding with you? I was invited to go on that Nov Lupe trip this year, but had to decline.
    No, it was simply an open trip with a mixed group of very neat guys and sorry no women to make it interesting. I went down with two friends who are pros that go down every year. They have been badgering me for several years to go, I wisely finally accepted. Glad I went and got it off my bucket list. Be sure you do your home work on your equipment especially the varied size of rods and reels, line/leader and hooks. Your going to have a great time!!!! Whalonem

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Just heard it confirmed that an El Nino is predicted for this season and theyre getting some Bluefin around SoCal already!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool Ken! I'm also headed to Lupe this summer aboard the RP. Our trip leaves the last weekend of July and into August (8 days). It's my first time to the Lupe and I'm pumped. I've heard tales of mean 30-60lb YT that will break 80lb gear. White sharks that eat 150lb tuna at the boat! Sounds like combat fishing at its best.

I love the RP it's such a nice boat. The crew is super helpful and easy to get along with. The food is something out of a five star resturant. And, the boat itself is huge! Talk about space at the rail!!

Was your charter the Rowdy Rail Charter? Was Jay Lopes riding with you? I was invited to go on that Nov Lupe trip this year, but had to decline.
    DELTA WOOD BOMBERS PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a really fun trip. Nice to see that the weather cooperated. Good timing!!! I wanna go, Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't get much better than that. Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, just awesome! Thanks for posting this!!!

Post Thanks / Like

7 day trip to Guadalupe Is. Mx.

Four of us ventured down to Guadalupe Is. in early November 2016 on a 7 day trip on the Royal Polaris. We all drove down to San Diego from Sacto. and the next day 30+ of us boarded the ship. First stop was Ensenada to go thru customs, then 160 miles out to the Island. Arrive the next morning to beautiful weather and FISH!!
    Started out on Yellow Fin in the morning then up north 20 miles for Yellow tail. Fishing for tuna was hit and miss until we found the schools, then it was bloody and somewhat like combat fishing. The crews are very good at keeping everything under control and not loosing very many fish. The tuna went from 60 to 125 lbs and the yellow tail went about 60 lbs. Fishing for the yellow tail is even more hectic, some used live bait some tossed iron and the drifts are fast with a very mean bottom that eats up gear faster that the fish. Don't recall the final count but it was high with everyone catching fish. I had more than enough to bring home with my final count at 9. Here's some pictures and as a note it's not for the faint of heart, ITS WORK and most of the time it's who has who hooked. Whalonem

Shark bait, we had a 14 ft'r great white circling the boat from time to time.
    Last edited by whalonem; 03-22-2017 at 05:32 PM.

8. Likes Tifoso, wckid, GW208, CDK, Jeff E, CRABBY liked this post