Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: when is a good time for cat fish ? ?

In the spring catfish generally head to Creeks for warmer water , to feed, and spawn. Try fishing the drop offs where Creeks connect to the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sac/Striper/Slayer View Post
    +1 on the night fishing for catfish!! Man I wish Folsom would let you night fish. The few times I did it in the late 90's when I was a youngster we did really really well at night in the summer. Had to walk in and out an ungodly distance though and we had a stringer weighing over 50lbs each time between the few of us!!
    Night fishing is definitely challenging.

Post Thanks / Like

Hit in now. throw some chicken liver and If you have cut bait or a sucker . Thats should work
    Stefanoflo :)
    A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone!

I was always told that for catfish it is best to fish at night. Somewhat new to fishing for them - but had decent luck at Lake Isabella (last year). Started early in the morning - before sunrise, and fished till 1pm. They were hitting relatively consistent.

Post Thanks / Like

indeed-
    I have done really well at Folsom this time of the year. catfish are spawning and should be in the willows. if/when you see carp jumping, try in that area. im pretty sure they feed on the carp spawn. daytime/morning is fine

Post Thanks / Like

Catfish are biting now. No reason to wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for sharing the info. Night or day... the consensus appeared to be : wait til it is a little warmer.

Fish on Sniffers

Post Thanks / Like

Catfish feed 24 hours a day. I originally said fishing for cats at night can be most productive because in my youth I use to often fish for them at night and did quite well. In addition catfish lore for a hundred years has consistently said catfishing at night is always best. Whether that is true or just old time fishermens tales and dogma I don't know. As previously stated I have caught them in the heat of the day too and plenty of them. My personal experience over the last 50 years is that the biggest catfish I have caught have all been at night but the most Catfish I've caught have been in the day time on warm/hot days.
    So you can catch them 24 hours a day and like all fishing you just have to be in the right place, at the right time and right bait.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfan View Post
    I must be doing it all wrong then because all of my catfish are caught during the hottest days of the year right smack in the middle of the days... I have yet to catch catfish at night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I agree with you on that, the biggest cats I've ever caught have been in the heat with night crawlers. I have caught alot at night but mostly smaller ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I must be doing it all wrong then because all of my catfish are caught during the hottest days of the year right smack in the middle of the days... I have yet to catch catfish at night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast