Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: when is a good time for cat fish ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by hungfish View Post
    is it worth trying for catfish yet or is it still too cold ? lake ? delta ?

Appreciate and thought and input from cat fisherman .

Hungfish
    Now at New Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    Was that Riverside Golf Course? I lived in Fresno from 65 to 82. Used to play that course a lot. Also used to put my rod and tackle in a backpack and ride my dirtbike out there to Fish and ride. None of those houses were there then. I could ride my dirtbike there all the way from First St. & Herndon. Those were the days!
    Actually two golf course San Joaquin country club and fig Garden. The 60s were great all along that river still is only where the courses are at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    Years ago I managed a golf course on the San Joaquin River Fresno area. During hot summer Me and my grandpa would set out poles using nothing but red worms and at 2a it came alive we would catch tote sack full of cats. Mmm good fried rolled in cornmeal make some hush puppies fry up some taters in iron skillet and big bowl of coleslaw. And this was all cooked in his overhead camper I let him park in the maintenance yard lol. Dang I live the good life��
    Was that Riverside Golf Course? I lived in Fresno from 65 to 82. Used to play that course a lot. Also used to put my rod and tackle in a backpack and ride my dirtbike out there to Fish and ride. None of those houses were there then. I could ride my dirtbike there all the way from First St. & Herndon. Those were the days!
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I managed a golf course on the San Joaquin River Fresno area. During hot summer Me and my grandpa would set out poles using nothing but red worms and at 2a it came alive we would catch tote sack full of cats. Mmm good fried rolled in cornmeal make some hush puppies fry up some taters in iron skillet and big bowl of coleslaw. And this was all cooked in his overhead camper I let him park in the maintenance yard lol. Dang I live the good life😋

5. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually fish for them in the evenings during the summer months. Action is usually best dusk and into the night. It's a great chance to get out of the heat and crack open some suds and listen to the ballgame. But I wouldn't wait till summer, grab your gear and soak some baits. Anytime you wet a line is a chance to catch something. Can't really beat the weather right now either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scepter27 View Post
    Night fishing is definitely challenging.
    Absolute truth

Post Thanks / Like

In the spring catfish generally head to Creeks for warmer water , to feed, and spawn. Try fishing the drop offs where Creeks connect to the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sac/Striper/Slayer View Post
    +1 on the night fishing for catfish!! Man I wish Folsom would let you night fish. The few times I did it in the late 90's when I was a youngster we did really really well at night in the summer. Had to walk in and out an ungodly distance though and we had a stringer weighing over 50lbs each time between the few of us!!
    Night fishing is definitely challenging.

Post Thanks / Like

Hit in now. throw some chicken liver and If you have cut bait or a sucker . Thats should work
    Stefanoflo :)
    A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone!

I was always told that for catfish it is best to fish at night. Somewhat new to fishing for them - but had decent luck at Lake Isabella (last year). Started early in the morning - before sunrise, and fished till 1pm. They were hitting relatively consistent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast