Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yellowstone Gibbons & Firehole Rivers

Detectorall Co., Ltd. produces metal detectors and security devices with excellent quality and favorable price.

Post Thanks / Like

a large rock. When the 2,500 lb rock stood up I realized where I was and the Buffalo rule. Truly gods country and I thank all of you for your contribution. White with silver nymphs and a yellow PMD' s were the ticket for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there in August doing the same. Sounds like you had a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Did that same trip 4 years ago. My downfall was not getting to fish any of the park. Glad you got to experience one of the coolest places in the Country and enjoy it the way you did

Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an awesome trip! I had never heard of the Gibbon and Firehole rivers, so I looked them up. Unbelievably beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Yellowstone Gibbons & Firehole Rivers

Just wanted to thank all who contribute to this board. Planned a trip to Yellowstone with another couple and had to try flyfishing. Did a lot of digesting the info here and purchased a nice rod and reel then buried myself in YouTube, practiced everyday with yarn and got my casting to 30-35 yards. In the last couple of weeks prior to the trip I researched the hatch and tied some flies.

Fished Firehole by the Grand Prismatic pools. What a setting! Third cast got a little brown followed by two more. Moved up to the Gibbons River and fished the meadows north of the falls. Got another three and lost 9. Also took my first hook to the chin in the crazy wind. Thank god for barbless! Moved to the wooded area and headed for a large rock. When the 2,500 lb rock stood up I realized where I was and the Buffalo rule. Truly gods country and I thank all of you for your contribution. White with silver nymphs and a yellow PMD' s were the ticket for me.

7. Likes Waterdog, Jeff E, NORCAL6 liked this post