Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crappie around oroville

Quote Originally Posted by nvthis View Post
    Walking around Oroville?
    Yea, he didn't tell me his exact spot, i gotta call and ask one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Relag View Post
    a buddy of mine just kept walking around a stretch til he landed his limit in around 30 minutes.
    Walking around Oroville?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    Bass Tacos are delicious too
    Absolutely agreed. Well, spotted bass for me anyway. Problem is I have three little girls and mom has a few health type issues so the mercury warnings always seem to push them off the table..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darren8167 View Post
    Hello guys. Inamorata looking to get into crappie fishing. I have never really tried it. I am a decent bass fisher and do some fly fishing. I have heard great things about crappie tacos and need to try them. I live in oroville and have a boat. Where are some good places to go and how do you catch those little boogers? I have heard that black butte used to be good but maybe not anymore? Any info would be much appreciated.
    Bass Tacos are delicious too

5. Likes nvthis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a buddy of mine just kept walking around a stretch til he landed his limit in around 30 minutes.

7. Dislikes CRABBY disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Butte still got 'em. Certain dredger ponds (in Oroville W.A.) have good crappie. Pm me, I know a couple.. There are a few more lakes with in driving distance that have them. Stoney, Collins, Lake X (well, everybody else calls it that now, don't they?). Heck, there's even crappie in the keys in Lake Tahoe. Clear Lake seems to be about the best around, but the on-going argument as to eating them is equally hot. Some do, some don't. And then there's the delta and all its sprawling parts. They're out there.

Post Thanks / Like

No idea on where to catch them around your area. But if you find them they are some of the best tasting fish around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie around oroville

Hello guys. Inamorata looking to get into crappie fishing. I have never really tried it. I am a decent bass fisher and do some fly fishing. I have heard great things about crappie tacos and need to try them. I live in oroville and have a boat. Where are some good places to go and how do you catch those little boogers? I have heard that black butte used to be good but maybe not anymore? Any info would be much appreciated.