Thread: Mendo Coast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mendo Coast

@fishwrong2 and Gypsie, I would love to get out and do some AB diving if anyone wants to head out. I have only been 3 times with friends who knew the locations etc. If you all want to go I would be up for an adventure.

Post Thanks / Like

Have heard the same rumors. Mixed feelings about it. Numbers have been on the decline for a long time, but there are still a lot around if you're willing to work.

Hoping numbers rebound one way or the othee.

Post Thanks / Like

Mendo Coast

Point Arena still has some of the nicest abs around. I dove Ocean Cove last weekend and was appalled at the few abs to be found. Lots of urchins, but no kelp at all. Heard talk of DFW thinking of shutting down ab diving next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Family's been camping near Point Arena all week. Lots of abalone and rockfish to be had for the adventurous. Weather was dead flat early in the week, breeze kicked up last two days.

For as many days as I swet my brains out fishing the valley, I have no idea why I don't get over here more than once a year.

Even though salmon is closed north of the point it's amazing how much this place has to offer.

Long drive but we'll worth it.
    SHHHH, keep it to yourself lol. I agree with you, great area up that way,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Mendo Coast

Family's been camping near Point Arena all week. Lots of abalone and rockfish to be had for the adventurous. Weather was dead flat early in the week, breeze kicked up last two days.

For as many days as I swet my brains out fishing the valley, I have no idea why I don't get over here more than once a year.

Even though salmon is closed north of the point it's amazing how much this place has to offer.

Long drive but we'll worth it.