Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Tahoe Kokanee

Gave it a try from my kayak on 7/20. Fished from Taylor to the Keys, yet no takers.
    Marked a few solitary fish in the 20-25' depth. Pulled all my tried and true patterns. 5 or 6 boats out, yet no nets swinging. Called it about 9:30A

Scoped out Sugar Pines Pt. And portage/launching is a possibility for a yak from the south end.
    I'll store that for next year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The bite is picking up but they're still spread out in this huge lake. Last year the early hot bite was off Suger Pine Point and not to many new about it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MKE; 07-17-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am taking the family and dog up for a day trip tomorrow, i'll see what info i can scrounge up. Used to have a cabin on Gardner Mountain, miss that place. Did real good on Kokanee right in front of the Keys many times.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Tahoe last week to no avail on Kokes. I fished the Richardson beach area in 100-200 ft of water as well as Emerald Bay; I fished for approximately 3 hours. I did speak with another boat that said he'd caught 3 this season. He caught them 20-30 ft. down. I also spoke to a guide afterword who thought it would be another two weeks or so before the bite really turned on. My son and I fished 3 rods, two between 20-35 ft for kokanee and one deep for Macks. We did hook up on Macks. I think it will be hot in August as the river flows are excellent right now coming out of Taylor Creek.

Post Thanks / Like

They stage off camp Richardson for at least a month before they start turning red
    vertical gig at 100' down and at least 165' to 200' bottom.
    fishfinder will show them in large clouds, I dodged them at first thinking my ball would hit the rocks

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Tahoe Kokanee

Anyone finding any Koke action in Lake Tahoe yet?