Post Thanks / Like

Re: South Tower Mayhem!

I was there on Thursday. first time on a partyboat up here. was a blast! sure is different than the "everyman for himself" mentality of southern cal fishing boats. I cannot say enough about Mike the deckhand. the guy didn't stop working for a second! the entire crew, for that matter. I can honestly say it was the best atmosphere i'd ever experienced on a partyboat. newbies and seasoned oldtimers all working together to catch fish. thats as good as it gets.

Cal is to be commended, as well. I doubt he fished much, if at all. he was doing everything he could to ensure everyone was accommodated and catching fish. I didn't know what to expect from that guy, but I can say he's the real deal, humble and down to earth.

as for myself, I decked 3 keeper stripers (kept 2) and a healthy keeper halibut. when it came to the halibut, that's mike's fish as much as my own. had he not been on top of everyones bait bucket, I probably would have gone with a less than lively bait instead of taking the time to get fresh. that guy was on top of it. always had fresh bait in that bucket and a net waiting for the fish. this was a nearly full boat of fishermen, too.

just a great trip! thanks cal and the California dawn. looking forward to the next one!

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

South Tower Mayhem!

The adrenaline seemed to sizzle in my brain. It was the kind of excitement that only saltwater anglers can understand. I was living the dream, helping California Dawn deckhand Mike Verrone work the deck during a wide-open bite right underneath … Continued

More...

4. Likes CDK liked this post