Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Night fishing crappie under lights

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevfish View Post
    I have been searching the local lakes looking for crappie at night and haven't had much luck. I have a submergible green light that's pretty darn bright and a floating model. At new melones me and the wife limited out about ten right before dark and the rest early the next morning but nothing at night. I was really trippy because I anchored about 20ft away from a few submerged trees and nothing first light those fish were there but didn't come to the huge mass of swirling large minnows under the boat a few feet away. All night I could hear them feeding I wondering what the hell did I do wrong. last night I tried in the port of Sacramento and only Attachment 30880Attachment 30879got stripers and again those crappie were close but small I caught 20 before night but none big enough to keep.
    nice slabs!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Heavywrenchin we fishing 45ft of water. Went out last week and killd it again all the i seen were 20ft deep and we caught fish in the same spot 45ft deep around big island between dropoffs. The bass bite was on fire drop shotting anywhere it seemed but stay out of the narrows in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of doing some night fishing at camanche this weekend. How deep of water were you fishing in? Were you near structure?

Thanks

4. Likes striperking13 liked this post
    my bro with his striper USED 2 B IRON's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In my travels workin Iron. In North Carolina night fishing, in the summertime this method worked great with live minnows ! The sweet spot was beyond the lights reach !

6. Likes CrappieJed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ampm View Post
    +1 what Jed said. We used to kill them in Texas using a lantern hanging off a pole in the bow.
    Oh no doubt,that's how I cut my teeth too.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 what Jed said. We used to kill them in Texas using a lantern hanging off a pole in the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

these are the actual fish I'm new to loading files and computers all together.

IMG_20170720_133146.jpgIMG_20170720_133053.jpg

10. Likes nayr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks fellas ended up going to camanche last night after searching for a bite around the narrows and the big island i went to another place I caught crappie during the winter. turns out we really got into them bass crappie catfish trout all in the same place. the green light was just like all the other times awesome but this time we caught fish.1500582708888.jpg1500582708888.jpg
    Mmm Mmm Mmm get out the London malt vinegar and tartar sauce. Good job

Post Thanks / Like

thanks fellas ended up going to camanche last night after searching for a bite around the narrows and the big island i went to another place I caught crappie during the winter. turns out we really got into them bass crappie catfish trout all in the same place. the green light was just like all the other times awesome but this time we caught fish.1500582708888.jpg1500582708888.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I have been searching the local lakes looking for crappie at night and haven't had much luck. I have a submergible green light that's pretty darn bright and a floating model. At new melones me and the wife limited out about ten right before dark and the rest early the next morning but nothing at night. I was really trippy because I anchored about 20ft away from a few submerged trees and nothing first light those fish were there but didn't come to the huge mass of swirling large minnows under the boat a few feet away. All night I could hear them feeding I wondering what the hell did I do wrong. last night I tried in the port of Sacramento and only Attachment 30880Attachment 30879got stripers and again those crappie were close but small I caught 20 before night but none big enough to keep.
    Night fishing is deadly at night with the green light. One of the biggest mistakes guys make with lights they fish right in the light. Don't do that, set your light put on a minnow because the light is attracting zooplankton and copepods and they attract the Native minnows. Cast your live minnow and bobber out past the light. reel it in just right before the light is shinning. The big slabs don't like the lights they stay out in the dark line of sight waiting for a minnow to dart out in the darkness. Remember crappie do not like the sun on top of them same as a light.

14. Likes bassmanben, Waterdog, ucsbfisherman, ampm liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast