Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any sniffers good with taking apart reels and putting them back together LoL

I have a pair of komodo, they served me well it's been 2 years and they work fine. But I know how to service them. I also got daiwas which work great. All you really need to do is open them up and clean them. Please go to Alan's website awesome Information.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any sniffers good with taking apart reels and putting them back together LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Tracker View Post
    Give Fishermans warehouse a call
    again, they will do you good

Post Thanks / Like

Go to alantani.com he has a great website for fishing reel repair/mods /upgrades and so much more to offer anything fishing,with so many knowledgeable people using the website giving advice sections with pics for step by step maintenance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    I straight dunked my okuma into a silt bar one day, salt water abuse, sand, never serviced it and its fine. I don't get the stigma against Okuma aside for their early stuff. I had an early spinning reel when I was like 12 and it fell apart after like a month. Everything in recent years has been solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a lot of coldwaters and SST's get returned. On the Coldwaters the drag would losen up on their own and the SST's the reel seats would break free. Only okuma stuff i would trust is their big salt water stuff cause i know it's proven. Oh and a regular customer of mine had a komodo and thought it was one of the biggest POS he's ever owned. Very much a YMMV situation but more often than not i've seen them get ready to be thrown in the garbage.

Post Thanks / Like

I straight dunked my okuma into a silt bar one day, salt water abuse, sand, never serviced it and its fine. I don't get the stigma against Okuma aside for their early stuff. I had an early spinning reel when I was like 12 and it fell apart after like a month. Everything in recent years has been solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hungfish View Post
    U sure you want to risk loosing a big fish on a DIY repair Monkey916 ? it may click but will it reel ?

Just messing with you...
    Won't be my reel that looses me a big fish... Most likely be my net man... (me)...LoL... Well ampm tries to knock em off also...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkey916 View Post
    Picked up my reel from the parents house today after work... Decided to give RNP's teardown instructions a go... Did just as he described got it open... Cool... I noticed the clicker gear was in prestine shape as it is on the spool shaft... Click the button from the outside nada... Click the button from the inside with the screwdriver tip... Boom it works... Shot the inside of the clicker engage button shaft with a drop of wd-40 since I had it open... Put it back together... Works like a champ...

THANKS A TON RNP...

U sure you want to risk loosing a big fish on a DIY repair Monkey916 ? it may click but will it reel ?

Just messing with you...

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up my reel from the parents house today after work... Decided to give RNP's teardown instructions a go... Did just as he described got it open... Cool... I noticed the clicker gear was in prestine shape as it is on the spool shaft... Click the button from the outside nada... Click the button from the inside with the screwdriver tip... Boom it works... Shot the inside of the clicker engage button shaft with a drop of wd-40 since I had it open... Put it back together... Works like a champ...

THANKS A TON RNP...
    Last edited by monkey916; 07-27-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, had me curious because I hadn't looked at my new ones yet so I opened one up. Handle side just below the line counter is a chrome cross bar that is knurled and slotted for a screwdriver, unscrew that. Don't need to pull it out, just far enough the threads are released from the clicker side. Rotate the outside cover on the clicker lever side. Will only rotate one direction. Gently pull the cover off. There you have it, opened up. I don't have my smaller screwdriver set to go any further but it looks like one additional screw to remove the black plastic "cover" to expose the clicker and a second screw to remove the clicker gear if it is broken.

Or you could take it to FW or Gee. Not sure on the low profiles but the new clicker assembly for the 203s is available online for $4.99. However, if you call Okuma chances are they will send you one free.

11. Likes OYD, monkey916 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with Gee reel repair. He's located in Sacramento Pro Tackle.

13. Likes redneckpunk, monkey916 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast