aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transducer question

mine would show fish and the guy 50 feet away would catch them.

2. Likes monkey916 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Transducer question

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    You can mount your transducer on either side of the transom but the port side is typical with a right rotatation prop. 16 inches from centerline is usually a good location. if you're rear transducer is a 50/200 it should not interfere with your downscan sonar which is typically 400/800.
    It will occasionally interfere with other boats running the same ducer thou. Shows up as vertical black lines. I sometimes see them 50 yards away from other lowrance gear in deep water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. This is an awesome forum with an abundance of information.🚤

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

You can mount your transducer on either side of the transom but the port side is typical with a right rotatation prop. 16 inches from centerline is usually a good location. if you're rear transducer is a 50/200 it should not interfere with your downscan sonar which is typically 400/800.

Post Thanks / Like

I read this on the net so it must be true .

When mounting two transducers to your boat you will want to make sure that they operate at different wavelengths, or they are both not on at the same time, or spaced far enough apart.

The reason for this is the possibility that the transducers can “cross talk” with each other, causing interference. Sonar transducers take electrical signals and turn them into sound waves of particular wavelengths, often 50 and 200 kHz or kilohertz.

It is best to mount the two transducers on opposite sides of the transom to reduce the amount of cross talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Transducer question

I am installing a second transducer on transom. In place already is my transducer for my lowrance elite 5. I have a garmin echomap on bow for use with trolling motor. I have ordered an extra power cable and mount for the garmin. I would like to use the lowrance for GPS and sonar with the garmin set in down view.
    Having said that, I am looking for input as th the best location for the garmin ducer. Next to the existing unit or on the other side (port) of the outboard. Thanks to everyone.
    Last edited by trackermax; 08-05-2017 at 06:58 AM.