Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free Lunch or Dinner - Need help with trailer wiring issue

Sorry ampm I again accidentally hit dislike in error. Meant to hit like.
    The OP is just rude and ill mannered which is sad when people take the time to advise and help him.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

2. Likes ampm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SacPerformance View Post
    This is not directed only at the original poster, more of a generic whine.....

In the old days of this board, if someone needed help and posted a problem they would usually follow up with the outcome of the thread. Lately, it seems an awful lot of posts asking for advice or help just die a slow death without resolution.

If folks take the time to answer, give advice/opinions, or even offer to come to your house resolve the problem,..... At least finish off the thread and let us know what happened.
    + 1 Tim.I don't bother anymore with them,plus I've noticed that many times the advice given is totally ignored lol..... Plus I never know what I'm talking about anyway..so pi$$ on em...

4. Likes GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem and I crawled under the trailer and started checking all the paths for the wiring from the pin connector to the lights. I found a spot where the wires were bound up with a zip tie, and it had worn a small hole through the wire covering and it was touching the metal on the trailer. Once I loosened it and repairs the worn spots, the lights came back on. Simple really but it required me to look at every inch of the wires until I found it.

6. Likes dilbeck, burninfuel, Waterdog, CRABBY liked this post
    Dislikes Waterdog disliked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SacPerformance View Post

In the old days of this board, if someone needed help and posted a problem they would usually follow up with the outcome of the thread. Lately, it seems an awful lot of posts asking for advice or help just die a slow death without resolution.

If folks take the time to answer, give advice/opinions, or even offer to come to your house resolve the problem,..... At least finish off the thread and let us know what happened.
    Thanks for offering Tim. I was gone all weekend but came back to check on the guys progress and offer more help if needed, only to see he's MIA. Guess he didn't want it that bad

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Jacobs
    Sacramento Performance Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Curious if you got it figured out? Most of the time, these problems are simple fixes, but many of us (at least me) tend to overlook the basic problem; bad ground wire, bad fuse, relay, even something as simple as a bad filament in the bulb, the turn signal and brake light SHOULD be the same filament. Good luck and please let us know if you got it corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

My boy has a Men's League baseball game tomorrow morning at Franklin High. If you still need help I'd be glad to swing by and figure it out for you.
    Text me @ 916-212-8850
    Tim
    Tim Jacobs
    Sacramento Performance Marine

11. Likes monkey916, OYD, Katch, burninfuel, CAL.NDN, Jaare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you drive and older Dodge? There is a trailer light issue with the older Dodge's computer but I won't ramble on if you don't drive a Dodge.

And please verify that the brake lights and turn signals are working on the truck but not the trailer.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 08-11-2017 at 12:41 PM.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    RNP has some great suggestions, myself I had to replace the head unit wires about a year ago due to wear. I would look at and trace each wire back from the source to make sure the continuous flow of electrons meet their destination. Mackattack (Jake) gave me a good suggestion long ago at Pyramid, just use brake clean spray on the connections of both the trailer and tow vehicle, make the connection and move it around to make sure metal meets metal..........Jetspray
    When I used to be a steering wheel holder for a living we would dunk the pigtail into the diesel fuel to clean it.

NOTE:
    *DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME
    **DO NOT DO THIS WITH GASOLINE

15. Likes Jetspray, rookie916 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My truck came with a tow hitch and trailer wiring installed. But only running lights would work on the trailer. I had to buy new wiring kit from E-trailer because the truck was missing a set of jumpers/relays that plug into the wiring harness in the passenger side kick panel. Simple fix once I figured it out. This was on a nissan frontier.

What kind of truck do u have?

17. Likes rookie916 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast