Post Thanks / Like

Re: sturgeon stomper

Dang-
    RIP stomper

Post Thanks / Like

Gary, I will always remember the fun times freezing our butts off at night. I will always remember your stories, the skills I've learned from you, and especially this infamous picture of you with that monster. We will fish again someday, RIP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

3. Likes Waterdog, nayr, CAL.NDN, EG1120 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You will forever be missed Sturgeon Stomper Fish in Peace

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about him awhile ago. I remember doing a mini fish fest down at Brannon Isl with he and some other sniffers. He did know his sturgeon fishing for sure.
    Gratitude

6. Likes StompersDaughter91 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow very sad to hear. I seen him many times at the Brannon island fest and the old Lovey's landing salmon
    Fest. Never seen him sober but he was a kick to have around. Praying for him, his wife and two daughters.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

8. Likes StompersDaughter91 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary aka Sturgeon Stomper has terminal colon cancer. He left the FishSniffer forums years ago and went with several others to that "other site" . He is in hospice and I understand the end is near. He is/was quite a character and sturgeon fishing was his specialty.
    I met him once years ago at a small fest at Clarksburg park on the delta. Didn't get to know him very well. It was evening, he was drunk (which wasn't uncommon I was told) and wanted to run into Freeport to get some bait. I knew he was too drunk to drive so I insisted on driving him to the bait shop. We talked all the way there and back but I don't really remember the conversation. I never got to know well at all. But when it came to sturgeon he was the man.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

10. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    Huh? Did something happen to Gary? I've known him for a long time, ever since I was a child fishing on the banks for sturgeon and we would fish with Gary at times. Haven't seen him around in years...hope he is doing well.
    http://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/index.php?topic=20613.0

12. Likes BIG_ONE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? Did something happen to Gary? I've known him for a long time, ever since I was a child fishing on the banks for sturgeon and we would fish with Gary at times. Haven't seen him around in years...hope he is doing well.
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

14. Likes StompersDaughter91 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sturgeon stomper

Gary if your still here and able to read this thank you for all you have contributed to us here over the many years.. if you are no longer with us thank you the same and RIP..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

16. Likes DELTAPILOT liked this post