Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any of You remember

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    The original El Charro was shut down years ago for what was rumored to be tax evasion. Another one opened up across town with the same name but different owners. The food at the new one wasn't 1/2 as good as the original. And I definitely remember the ranch dressing. I don't have an expert palate but always thought that it had cumin and cilantro in it.

Jed, you must have eaten there when it was still in the living room of the house. The place only had a few tables and we had to wait in the front yard to be seated. Then they renovated the Jehovah Witness church which was on Court and First or Second street.
    oh wow Dave just read this you raised the hair on my arms. Brought me back home. I was born in woodland. Your right...I ate there soooo long ago.
    Great info glad hear someone remembered the dressing. It was incredible. The original owners took it to their grave new place your right not even close. I remember it had little red specks in it. But cumin is one I need to try. It could be it. Never really thought of using it. I use it a lot in my chilli block for chili beans and hot dog sauce.
    Thanks, Cj

Post Thanks / Like

The original El Charro was shut down years ago for what was rumored to be tax evasion. Another one opened up across town with the same name but different owners. The food at the new one wasn't 1/2 as good as the original. And I definitely remember the ranch dressing. I don't have an expert palate but always thought that it had cumin and cilantro in it.

Jed, you must have eaten there when it was still in the living room of the house. The place only had a few tables and we had to wait in the front yard to be seated. Then they renovated the Jehovah Witness church which was on Court and First or Second street.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 09-08-2017 at 10:19 AM.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

3. Likes CrappieJed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Hey Jed, I just looked at their website and it looks like an awesome menu and great bar. It got great reviews too. I love Mexican food. You come up this way and I'll buy you dinner and drinks there.
    Sounds good thanks so much. I pretty sure there out of business. I use to eat there with my parents and sister early 60s they made a Ranch Dressing they could have bottled and been very rich people. I was looking for someone who may have eaten there, if they did they would have definitely remembered the dressing. I have tried for last 35 years to copycat. I have gotten close but not there yet. I actually gave one of my team members extra day off to visit with his very old mother see if she may know the seasoning I'm missing.

5. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jed, I just looked at their website and it looks like an awesome menu and great bar. It got great reviews too. I love Mexican food. You come up this way and I'll buy you dinner and drinks there.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    looked it up. only one in town. The only one that fits your info?
    I was hoping you ate there I had a question for you but that's cool thx for the address CDK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    Do actually know the place or looked up the address?
    looked it up. only one in town. The only one that fits your info?
    frui vita et piscium captura
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    Address: 417 Main St, Woodland, CA 95695
    Address: 120 N 1st St, Dixon, CA 95620
    Do actually know the place or looked up the address?

Post Thanks / Like

Address: 417 Main St, Woodland, CA 95695
    Address: 120 N 1st St, Dixon, CA 95620

Last edited by CDK; 09-01-2017 at 04:58 AM.
    frui vita et piscium captura
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Any of You remember

El Charro Mexican restaurant in woodland cal. There was the old original restaurant on Main Street and the new one moved. Can't remember name the street