Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dfg ain't messing around on the feather river

We need a picture only thread again, these last threads have been so lame. Not enough fishing for a lot it seema

2. Likes dsa2780, redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostfish_slayer View Post
    like the ones who thought we could not see them in the bushes behind the hatchery watching us during steelhead season... closed salmon year.. we were using hotshots wee,wiggle warts, spoons, bait,, we hooked and released a couple salmon at the boat not even netting them on little plugs no pictures or anything.. we hooked and released 4-5 steelhead at the boat and had 2 in possession.. all while people on the bank were molesting salmon in the rocks.. getting pictures of them., kicking them around... right under the wardens.. we were all joking around about their investigation on us. they came and harassed us.. even had the nerve to take some of my roe after asking where i got it.. all kind of stuff making it clear they were trying to accuse us of poaching it from closed salmon season.asking where the salmon was we hooked.. ****ing coho roe that i brought home from alaska.. idiots...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostfish_slayer View Post
    the three or four other occasions being harassed trying to get my minor kids to say their uncle was our guide or my friends or me so say it so they could bust him for guiding... my kids on stix,, me on stix,,, lol...
    Wardens are Just glorified LEO's some good some bad,I don't know any dfg people that don't have the Rambo mentality,it seems to come with their enhanced enforcement powers above an beyond what reg.LEO's have........

Post Thanks / Like

the three or four other occasions being harassed trying to get my minor kids to say their uncle was our guide or my friends or me so say it so they could bust him for guiding... my kids on stix,, me on stix,,, lol...
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

5. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

like the ones who thought we could not see them in the bushes behind the hatchery watching us during steelhead season... closed salmon year.. we were using hotshots wee,wiggle warts, spoons, bait,, we hooked and released a couple salmon at the boat not even netting them on little plugs no pictures or anything.. we hooked and released 4-5 steelhead at the boat and had 2 in possession.. all while people on the bank were molesting salmon in the rocks.. getting pictures of them., kicking them around... right under the wardens.. we were all joking around about their investigation on us. they came and harassed us.. even had the nerve to take some of my roe after asking where i got it.. all kind of stuff making it clear they were trying to accuse us of poaching it from closed salmon season.asking where the salmon was we hooked.. ****ing coho roe that i brought home from alaska.. idiots...
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

7. Likes CRABBY, SteelHunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Owlman2 View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

But I do think an undercover DFW warden searching a live well and then issuing a citation for a fish 1/4" too small is a bit much....and there are endless accounts of similar type enforcement from game wardens. As much as we pretend these issues are simple matters of right/wrong....they really are not. There is a huge grey area involving intent and a lot of other factors.

My only point was that I think wardens would strengthen their positions and attain far greater cooperation from fishermen if they used more discretion rather than taking formal enforcement action for trivial/unintentional violations. I know too many guys who have received these sorts of citations...that they rightly or wrongly believe were unreasonable/unfair or even just chicken****.....and they now view wardens as the enemy.

You could argue "they should have followed the law then"....but in our hyper-regulated nanny-state that is not always easy to do....even if you have the very best of intentions to comply.
    A fish that is retained and is smaller than the minimum length is not a grey area.

9. Likes Chrome Seeker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Bankie;1132485]Sorry dbfishing

I went on a rant with your thread which was very very wrong of me to do I apologize for it.

Bankie
    [/QUOTE Lol np i'm enjoying this **** is Hilarious.

11. Likes CAL.NDN, Bankie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maulich View Post
    I have an idea......how about not being an ass and circumventing the law when you go fishing. Im tired of watching people abuse our natural resources. This is the reason there are so many rules and closures, due to low fish populations. I have fished the AR for almost 40 years and i have dfg on speed dial.....if i see anyone abusing the resources i enjoy so much you can bet you will get all your gear taken and cited, and i will enjoy watching you get punished.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

But I do think an undercover DFW warden searching a live well and then issuing a citation for a fish 1/4" too small is a bit much....and there are endless accounts of similar type enforcement from game wardens. As much as we pretend these issues are simple matters of right/wrong....they really are not. There is a huge grey area involving intent and a lot of other factors.

My only point was that I think wardens would strengthen their positions and attain far greater cooperation from fishermen if they used more discretion rather than taking formal enforcement action for trivial/unintentional violations. I know too many guys who have received these sorts of citations...that they rightly or wrongly believe were unreasonable/unfair or even just chicken****.....and they now view wardens as the enemy.

You could argue "they should have followed the law then"....but in our hyper-regulated nanny-state that is not always easy to do....even if you have the very best of intentions to comply.

13. Likes CAL.NDN, CRABBY, Bankie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea......how about not being an ass and circumventing the law when you go fishing. Im tired of watching people abuse our natural resources. This is the reason there are so many rules and closures, due to low fish populations. I have fished the AR for almost 40 years and i have dfg on speed dial.....if i see anyone abusing the resources i enjoy so much you can bet you will get all your gear taken and cited, and i will enjoy watching you get punished.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Been a fun thread,but if ya wanna have some fun go people profiling at your local Wal Mart.....

16. Likes CAL.NDN, Bankie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bankie View Post
    So I apologize to you for high jacking your thread and you reply with this;

"So according to your own definition of the word, only police can commit racial profiling? Good to know you get your definitions from thin air"
    Here let me add;
    Definition of profiling. :the act or process of extrapolating information about aperson based on known traits or tendencies. consumer profiling ; specifically :the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed characteristics or behavior.

Profiling | Definition of Profiling by Merriam-Webster (FYI: this is a dictionary that accredited schools use)

I'm so sorry I left out RACIST in my definition, I have corrected the wrong now, so why are you misinformed in this world today of the 21st century, that's right you're Caucasian not of color, this isn't the 1950's anymore, come and join the masses in the 21st century ( Wake the blank up and get with reality).
    You just racially profiled me with that statement. I'm gonna leave it at that.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast