Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Illegal crabbing

Thank you, Seon!

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    You're really mis-informed, fact is... Back in the 60's and probably before, the minimum size on a Striper was 16". Now it's 18".

BTW there's a push to eradicate the Stripers to where there would be no numbers or size limits. And that's fact, not conjectured.

"Think before you react?"

How's about open mouth and insert foot like you've done.

Nuff said.
    David

The only time a fisherman is telling the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    And people with minimal intelligence. How fast is a hypocrite exactly?
    LOL,yea saw that spelling error an left it,knife scars in my back started to itch real bad an had to scratch em.

Post Thanks / Like

It's up to each and everyone of us to protect our natural resourses. Educating people on the subject is important, explaining the why's, as well as the benefit's.

We have all met people who are

Keeping undersized fish
    Going over the limit
    Keeping Big Breeder's
    Last edited by fishmaster20200; 12-16-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRABBY View Post
    No heat from me Bro,glad to see people say it like it is without all the BS PC Crap....World is too full of Hypercrits....
    And people with minimal intelligence. How fast is a hypercrit exactly?

5. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not much into saying things that are going to incite bad feelings so I'll leave you with this. Most of the Asian population I have dealt with have been superb sportsmen. Both in terms of skill and morality. Of all the people I've seen who oppose pouching and poor sportsman qualities of conduct, my Asian friends are some of the fiercest, especially when it concerns their own. There is going to be bad people in all cultures but when you blanket state like that, I know some good Asian brothers that won't take that lightly. The kind of guys even us "white" folk can learn a few good habits from. The kind of guys I would have in my boat any day of the week without question, without pause.

7. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahpee View Post
    ...I am aware that in the late 70's and up to the mid 1980's there was no minimum size limit on striped bass & probably a few other species as well. I guess when white people caught a 10 inch striped bass we would just automatically toss the minnow back to grow up to a big fish. But when Asians started showing up in large numbers they basically eat anything that swims (just like they did in their homelands).... I also hope anyone who reads this doesn't think it's racist, I don't think anything that is fact, is racist, they just want to make noise about something to cloud the real issue.
    I'm all for reporting poachers, regardless of their ethnicity... but I didn't see much "facts" in your post... SMH...

Post Thanks / Like

so they are just runnin up on em? wild, ive tossed a bucket of dungies some dude had at ft mason once... gotta respect the fishery

Post Thanks / Like

poachers come from all ethnicities and that's a fact

I will say this (and you can't say I'm racist cause I'm half asian and half white but most people think I'm hispanic)....my relatives on my asian side do poach so I can't fish them anymore....lol. it's in their blood...in fact I am chastised for being a C&R guy

blame it on the russians....hehe

11. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    I can appreciate your position on illegal poaching but to generalize that "white people will toss back an undersize Striper but "Asians will eat anything that swims regardless of size". Then you allude that's the reason why the size was minimize is because of them (?)... That my friend are racist remarks.

Just saying...not cool
    Meant to like-accidentally hit dislike. Sarah makes a derogatory claim about one race, claims that another race is better And is 2 ignorant to realize he's racist. SMH. (Classic definition of Racism)Then goes on to justify it by claiming we're all racist in a way. pulls some garbage out of his a$$ about completely false reasons for bag/size limits. Unbelievable!. By the way Sarah we aren't all racist or judgmental. Only racist/judgmental people are.

13. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the poachers will get some good Domoic Acid poisoning and it will be a self solving problem, it is that time of year when you shouldn't be eating locally caught shellfish anyways.

15. Likes CRABBY liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast