Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to start to fly fishing?

Go to a casting pond and practice, that really helped me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Now a days pretty hard to distinguish male from female based on the usual criteria .
    LOL,yeah thats for sure....However all the gals I've personally meant thru the sniffer have been 100% great real gals.Yes Mrs T you too!!!

3. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now a days pretty hard to distinguish male from female based on the usual criteria .
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I'm thinking the original poster is actually a spammer based on their english and grammar. I was hesitant at first to respond but then I did thinking the op may be a youngster. Now I think spammer.
    Well it appears to be a female so we'll let it slide...

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the original poster is actually a spammer based on their english and grammar. I was hesitant at first to respond but then I did thinking the op may be a youngster. Now I think spammer.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

hey look the spammers are being smarter now! One post, and malicious links in their signatures!

Post Thanks / Like

Just look down about 5 posts to Completely New To Fly Fishing, lots of good information there. After you gain a little knowledge of fly fishing then ask more specific questions. Your question is a little too wide open and broad. There are a zillion books written on the subject. I don't think anyone can adequately answer your question on this forum without writing something book length.

10. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Search for local fly fishing clubs. They can properly introduce you to fly fishing. They'll have fly casting lessons and fishing outings.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd assume your going to be trout fishing if your looking to throw flies. Your going to want to start by getting a 4 weight or so fly rod preferably with floating line. You can drift nymph's or streamers as you would a crawler. Or you an put em under fly fisherman's bobber Wich is now called an "indicator". Dry flies are a good way to practice casting.they ride on the surface and often end up with explosive strikes. Stimulators and elk hair Caddis are good choices. Also mosquitoes and gnats work great. I went fly fishing last night in the storm and watched my buddy get a bow and a brook. Watched myself get skunked. Learning never stops and it's still "fishing"..... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne224 View Post
    I need a little advice on how to fly fishing I have started tying my flys... so anyways I would enjoy some help plz... thanks :)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+fly+fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast