Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: mokelumne river fishing?

The moke contains rainbow, brown, steelhead, bass, carp, catfish as well as salmon depending on time of year and location. If you are strictly fishing for steelhead you will need a card. Otherwise you do not and I got that straight from DFW. This is due to the variety of game fish there. I say get a card anyway so you can go steelheading in waters known for it.

2. Likes reeltor, burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Again DSA thanks for your wealth of knowledge. I just brushed up on the regs, seems as though its open until Oct 15 and you can keep on steel and on hatchery fish (I assume a clipped fin) and 2 salmon. Ill see if i can find anything out there, but like you said, its a nice paddle either way.

Post Thanks / Like

mokelumne river fishing?

They're there year round. Read up on the regulations for that area. There are closure dates and regulations regarding retention of steelhead in that stretch. Grasshopper pattern rebels, cricket crankbaits and baby trout colored tiny ripbaits get lots of nice fish. If the fishing sucks, it's a nice kayak paddle. Native and smaller fish, use barbless and release them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dsa2780;1132447]If you go, make sure you have a steelhead report card. The "trout" in there are steelhead because it's a body of water that connects to the ocean. There are bass in slower pools as well.

Thanks for the heads up! Are there any in there this time of year? Are they waiting for the cooler water?

Post Thanks / Like

If you go, make sure you have a steelhead report card. The "trout" in there are steelhead because it's a body of water that connects to the ocean. There are bass in slower pools as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

mokelumne river fishing?

The lady wants to take a kayak trip down the mokelumne starting near the hatchery, is it worthwhile to bring along a pole? Thanks for any help everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12