Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a generator

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Thanks for letting us know you, family and home are ok. It’s good to know you are all right.
    And their Kitty was safe TOO....

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting us know you, family and home are ok. It’s good to know you are all right.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Not how I planned to buy a generator but I now own a new 2000 watt Polaris. It has been running for 24 hours. My quad was in for service and I obviously had no way to get it home. We went in to talk to them about the quad and also to look at the generators. When my wife was able to pick the 2000 up without much difficulty she said if it will fit in the car we are taking it. We own it. It stayed in our car for 3 days before we could get home. It is running the TV and the computer along with some table lamps. The big one (7000 watt Honda powered) is running 2 freezers a refridgerator and the well. It cost me 35 dollars in fuel for the last 24 hours but we are home. I have water and power so it isnt too bad. My neighbors are roughing it.
    We had no damage and no theft. We had to toss some food but not as much as we feared.
    VERY HAPPY to have a home.

5. Likes CRABBY, Waterdog, redneckpunk liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    A member in another forum lives(d) in Santa Rose and posted this morning that his house and barn burnted down. Sad indeed.
    The Santa Rosa fire(s) are insane. The reports I'm getting from friends and old neighbors are fightening. There is more than one fire affecting Santa Rosa. Ross aka Rusty Hooks lost his home on the opposite end of town from where the Tubbs fire was/is. My old home was in between and so far is still standing but everyone is standing by to evacuate. 101 is closed as well as 12 and most other exit roads. I'm getting bits and pieces of info from very distraught friends and I'm not 100 pct sure of the accuracy but I'm 110 pct sure that it's bad, real bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Compare db while under a load, the Honda will be more quiet,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

A member in another forum lives(d) in Santa Rose and posted this morning that his house and barn burnted down. Sad indeed.

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    We are in Salinas right now and planned to return home this morning. We were told our area in Browns Valley was evacuated at 3 am because of a large wildfire.
    Crabby has also had to evacuate
    A generator suddenly became much less important
    Hopefully it was a precautionary evacuation and you all are spared the heartache and devastation that so many around nor Cal are experiencing. And if there’s anything that anyone can help with just let us know.

10. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are in Salinas right now and planned to return home this morning. We were told our area in Browns Valley was evacuated at 3 am because of a large wildfire.
    Crabby has also had to evacuate
    A generator suddenly became much less important

12. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Honda 2000, bought it about 10 years ago new. Probably put 100 hours on it the first 5 years and maybe 10 to 15 the last five years. I should probably sell it cause I seldom use it but I just can’t get myself to do so.
    Hondas have a great reputation and are quiet and dependable, with emphasis on the dependable. I personally have never heard a complaint about the Honda generator. If I was getting another one it would be a Honda.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

The Generac uses the Tohatsu motor and produces a clean sine wave that doesn't fall off under load. You have to be careful if you have sensitive equipment. Some of the cheaper ones won't do your gear any favors. The Honda's are the cleanest and always have been. The Yamaha isn't as quiet but it's also pretty clean. The Generac is pretty darn good for the price and it's assembled in the US. They've been in the large Generator business for years with a good reputation but that doesn't necessarily translate to great small generators. Mine is easy to start and runs pretty quiet. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't ramp up fast enough when you add load. That's fine if you're running lights or maybe a sump pump but tough on my microwave and chargers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast