Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: California Is Burning

I am always wondering how people put up with a house fire no matter with where it is. Hurricane, Tornado, Earthquake, even some floods, there are still somethings that survive the destruction. A fire removes everything and it all has to be replaced, even down to a single item nothing remains. I see the destruction and understand what it is mostly total. Their hearts cry out for sympathy and solice, I understand, I have donated.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

I'm out in Santa Rosa doing restoration work.
    Still a lot of work to be done. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Yearroundfisherman, CRABBY, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    copy that we can send money through Red Cross. The deal with Stornetta dairy I heard it burned down you know much about that?
    I got the same word. Haven't gone to look for myself though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yearroundfisherman View Post
    Just doing what I can. Its going to be hard for people around here for a good while. This whole community has really stepped up to help each other. Aside from the occasional SOB looter.

copy that we can send money through Red Cross. The deal with Stornetta dairy I heard it burned down you know much about that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    I'm from Napa and Sonoma county worked Sonoma mission inn golf course and Napa golf course I know the area very well. Sounds like you have been helping folks wish I could be there to help. Your very admirable supporting them thank you
    Just doing what I can. Its going to be hard for people around here for a good while. This whole community has really stepped up to help each other. Aside from the occasional SOB looter.

Post Thanks / Like

Power is still out in a lot of Sonoma. Went to set up power for folks with my commercial generac 4000 w generator and fuel started leaking out of the carb. Thinking the float is stuck open and flooding or the needle is stuck. Can I get some quick fixes from you guys to try since I don't have the time to pull the carb?

I'm from Napa and Sonoma county worked Sonoma mission inn golf course and Napa golf course I know the area very well. Sounds like you have been helping folks wish I could be there to help. Your very admirable supporting them thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I watched a show a few months ago and saw them change the turbo blades in one because of the turbo lag. The kit they put in boosted up the performance but it is not something that I would try anyway (you have to get the thing balanced after replacing all of the internal crap). They also talked about something called "stiction" which is similar to varnish, they had an additive for the motor that you put in and it removed that, you might want to look into that......Jetspray

http://www.hotshotsecret.com/shop/st...SAAEgKpLPD_BwE
    This one already has an upgraded Garrot turbo and bigger air intake. Other than that nothing else is planned for the engine. Its pushing 235k miles and going strong if you don't count the ps pump. As for "Stiction" I never heard of it but I'll for sure look in to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong engine. Yours was the awesome sounding 7.5l. This one is the 7.3l diesel. Both have great torque and sound great but the powerstroke after 1996 sounds better if you ask me. More pronounced turbo.
    I watched a show a few months ago and saw them change the turbo blades in one because of the turbo lag. The kit they put in boosted up the performance but it is not something that I would try anyway (you have to get the thing balanced after replacing all of the internal crap). They also talked about something called "stiction" which is similar to varnish, they had an additive for the motor that you put in and it removed that, you might want to look into that......Jetspray

http://www.hotshotsecret.com/shop/st...SAAEgKpLPD_BwE
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

10. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I had a 460 F-250 with a 4 bbl carb, you need to replace the filter in the carb line. It looks like a brass filter about the size of a root beer barrel candy and is at the inlet to the carb. I suppose that you were driving along and the engine quit without warning, that it what happened to me and I carried extras for that reason.......Jetspray
    Wrong engine. Yours was the awesome sounding 7.5l. This one is the 7.3l diesel. Both have great torque and sound great but the powerstroke after 1996 sounds better if you ask me. More pronounced turbo.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 460 F-250 with a 4 bbl carb, you need to replace the filter in the carb line. It looks like a brass filter about the size of a root beer barrel candy and is at the inlet to the carb. I suppose that you were driving along and the engine quit without warning, that it what happened to me and I carried extras for that reason.......Jetspray

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast