Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: California Is Burning

Quote Originally Posted by Yearroundfisherman View Post
    Too much panic from the public. Damn people freaking out over nothing and driving crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Panic over nothing? The Sonoma/Napa fire is already the deadliest wildfire in CA history and deaths will reach well over 100 after it's all said and done

Post Thanks / Like

With the upgraded systems for install like piping, wiring, general construction it should be quicker and bring things into the present time. I was mostly thinking about homes what were custom built, many of those builders are not around anymore. I agree on the permits but I cannot imagine that going well due to some loss of records and such. Good Luck to everyone........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes Yearroundfisherman, CRABBY liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I imagine the environmental impact statements will take time as well as building permits. Many of the homes that were lost did not meet current codes as well as foundations. You would be surprised about anyone even putting forth a effort to build. Very tough situation in deed........Jetspray
    The city of Santa Rosa is fast tracking building permits for homes that are being built back according to original plans that are on file. That would include the entire Coffee Park area and many of the Foothills and Fountain Grove homes. There are one or two older homes at the end of Parker Hill road that may not be fast tracked. The foundations for homes will need to evaluated on a case by case basis. Some may be ok while others my be blown out. Sewer, water and gas will still be there so those often troublesome permits won't be as difficult. PG&E may or may not charge for temporary poles, no decision on that yet from what I've heard. One thing for sure, it will take a long time. FEMA has the option to buy the property if it's deemed a repeatable disaster in the area. Obviously it is in some areas so owners may be given the option to sell or not receive assistance the next time. That happened out on the Russian River. FEMA abandons the property and it cannot be built on again. Tough but if you think about it, it makes good sense.

5. Likes Jetspray, Yearroundfisherman, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They need to let up on all these permits around here. A 16 by 16 unit behind a house can make great housing for a while but its to expensive to get permission from the county sometimes.

I imagine the environmental impact statements will take time as well as building permits. Many of the homes that were lost did not meet current codes as well as foundations. You would be surprised about anyone even putting forth a effort to build. Very tough situation in deed........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes Yearroundfisherman, wckid, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I would imagine that construction jobs will pick up but it may be time before the insurance companies can come around and hand out anything. Very tough situation, with housing at a premium I think things will only get messy as you say.......Jetspray
    They need to let up on all these permits around here. A 16 by 16 unit behind a house can make great housing for a while but its to expensive to get permission from the county sometimes.

9. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its almost burned to a crisp out here. Took a drive yesterday and found rows of chimneys and fried vehicles. Looks like I won't be leaving my parents place any time soon either. The rent has jumped almost $1000 in some places. Landlords who lost their homes in the fire are now issuing 60 day notices to the tenants. Housing around here is going to get real messy for a while.

I would imagine that construction jobs will pick up but it may be time before the insurance companies can come around and hand out anything. Very tough situation, with housing at a premium I think things will only get messy as you say.......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Its almost burned to a crisp out here. Took a drive yesterday and found rows of chimneys and fried vehicles. Looks like I won't be leaving my parents place any time soon either. The rent has jumped almost $1000 in some places. Landlords who lost their homes in the fire are now issuing 60 day notices to the tenants. Housing around here is going to get real messy for a while.

12. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent the day in Napa at the Silverado Country club assessing home/property damage. I'm not posting anymore pics due to the sensitivity and privacy that I want to respect. Met some awesome neighbors who experienced no loss and yet are just as emotionally effected from their neighbors loss. That community is pulling together and they'll be back soon.
    #norcalstrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    copy that we can send money through Red Cross. The deal with Stornetta dairy I heard it burned down you know much about that?
    Confirmed, its gone.

Post Thanks / Like

I am always wondering how people put up with a house fire no matter with where it is. Hurricane, Tornado, Earthquake, even some floods, there are still somethings that survive the destruction. A fire removes everything and it all has to be replaced, even down to a single item nothing remains. I see the destruction and understand what it is mostly total. Their hearts cry out for sympathy and solice, I understand, I have donated.........Jetspray

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast