Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two Rivers rv Park Manteca 10-21-17

Thx phishndad. i was misreading that before.
    Last edited by kickinit; 11-16-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: adding comment
    I'm lovin' it! Bill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    I was told this as well by the lady that works at 2 rivers but I can't find it in the special regulations.
    Here it is from the reg. Book

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StikMan Modesto CA View Post
    It's a good thing to be to the right of the boat ramp because the Stanislaus river is close to All fishing.
    I was told this as well by the lady that works at 2 rivers but I can't find it in the special regulations.
    I'm lovin' it! Bill.

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Thanks for the report. Have you been seeing many salmon running up the Stani this year?
    One of the things I enjoy doing when I go to the Stanislaus River is observe the fishery at night. I like to drift down the river using my trolling motor on a dark night using some nice super bright LED flood lights and because it's such a shallow River you can usually see a large portion of the river very clearly that's how I bowfish for my carp as well. When they push the flows up it can be difficult to see the bottom from the turbulent water cuz it picks up sand.
    I did not know the launch ramp was open at two rivers inearly October. I have drifted it a couple of times and have not seen a salmon but the flows are up considerably from years past. I believe the San Joaquin water flow is definitely up. That has the brown milky water that you can't see into very well.
    I remember a couple of years ago drawing back my bow while carp fishing this time of year only to realize it was a salmon. The carpet out there can be close to 30 lb and I would say it was probably a 30 lb + salmon. I remember there was a late-season like januarius fish that I drifted over that was a salmon or steelhead that just had the beautifulest color I I don't know exactly the species but it or it could be in a trout even yes but it was just beautiful colors it was about 8 to 10 lb fish I would say. It was really cool because he didn't spook so I was kind of able to watch him for quite a while what a what a beautiful fish. One other memorable time I drifted over at school of salmon it was down by the pumps at Sturgeon band and there had to been a dozen or more big fish and it was really neat. Alright I'm done rambling. If you get the opportunity and you can get some good lights flood lights to generator with some 5000 watt halogens or something it's pretty cool to go on the Stanislaus River and just at night and just observe the fishery you'll see everything it has to offer. To answer your question I haven't seen a salmon this year though

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cynematek View Post
    Thanks man! I went on sunday morning and skunked but i think some waders would've helped as the water is higher than the previous recent years that i've gone. I was fishing more towards the right on the san joaquin before the bushes that are along the river bank. Are you referring to the sandbar that sits in the middle of the river fork about 30-40 yards to the right of the boat ramp?
    I had some luck getting stripers today out at Two Rivers again. I just wanted to mention this in response to your post. It's a good thing to be to the right of the boat ramp because the Stanislaus river is close to All fishing. speaking with an old Warden named Hugh he said he would give us to the boat ramp but he said anything beyond that boat ramp is closed Waters and I thought that was fair it's a good marker. I've met a couple of the new game wardens didn't really discuss it because it's a reasonable argument that it is the San Joaquin River below that launch ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StikMan Modesto CA View Post
    Sorry I just noticed your question. Two Rivers is almost always very fishable from They bank. From the mouth of the Stanislaus or the boat launch let's say down stream there's a big Sandbar and the water depth fluctuates between a foot and 3 or 4 ft deep. Topwater at night or early evening or early morning on this sandbar is very good. The fish move up on that shallow sandbar in the evenings. People are always catching fish there at night period middle of the day not so much but water is very clear and very shallow.
    Thanks man! I went on sunday morning and skunked but i think some waders would've helped as the water is higher than the previous recent years that i've gone. I was fishing more towards the right on the san joaquin before the bushes that are along the river bank. Are you referring to the sandbar that sits in the middle of the river fork about 30-40 yards to the right of the boat ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Have you been seeing many salmon running up the Stani this year?

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cynematek View Post
    Nice report, I've been thinking of going out there to throw some topwater in the evening. Is the water still too high to work the bank at 2rivers?
    Sorry I just noticed your question. Two Rivers is almost always very fishable from They bank. From the mouth of the Stanislaus or the boat launch let's say down stream there's a big Sandbar and the water depth fluctuates between a foot and 3 or 4 ft deep. Topwater at night or early evening or early morning on this sandbar is very good. The fish move up on that shallow sandbar in the evenings. People are always catching fish there at night period middle of the day not so much but water is very clear and very shallow.

10. Likes Cynematek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried looking for shore access at that place long ago, I didn't have a boat, but all access is closed off except for the park and I didn't want to pay the fee that day. Anyone fish from shore there? Also thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to love going just downstream from there to sturgeon bend. What a great hole. It's been a while since then. My buddy Nick was always getting trophies there. A huge salmon maybe 50+ lbs, I think his sturgeon was 60" and his bro even got an 7+ lb. Smallmouth.

13. Likes striperking13 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast