100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: San Joaquin River catfishing in the Wind 10-22-17

I guess you could sum it up as that's what I can afford to fish for at this time. Free boat launch 20 minutes from home and you really never know what you might catch. I would love to go up on the Feather River and catch a salmon but it's $150 to attempt it. When I first started posting about the San Joaquin River I rarely saw a boat ever and if I did it was probably fish and game. Last Saturday there were 7 boats out there. One neat experience I was launching and these guys were hollering out hey Stickman and I did not recognize them. They said they saw my video and we're giving it a try. That was really cool. Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: San Joaquin River catfishing in the Wind 10-22-17

Appreciate the reports and videos!

Catfish might not be the most popular fish on these forums, but along with bluegill and bass, that's what I grew up fishing for.

So, thanks for the memories and keeping the catfish board alive during salmon/striper season :)

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

San Joaquin River catfishing in the Wind 10-22-17

Headed out to San Joaquin River to redeem myself after being skunked yesterday by my friend who caught a striper. Arrived around 1 p.m. launched and headed upriver in Patterson to an area I call the Cliffs. Couldn't get out of the wind very well but decided to have a go of it. we baited up with chicken liver and I was using a 1-ounce sliding weight and my friend was using a quarter ounce bullet weight. There was so much movement in the boat it was very tough to tell if you had a bite. The current was screaming and the wind was blowing the opposite direction so we were constantly in movement because I didn't have a second anchor. After 10 minutes and no bites I decided to check my bait and it was picked clean even though it was tight on with magic string. There's a clue you have no idea what's going on. Because of the constant move movement up and down river from the flow and the wind I decided to change my Approach. I went to a half ounce sliding weight and when I casted I open my Bait Runner and set it to constantly feed line under some pressure. This kept my line under some control and immediately I noticed the baitrunner start moving much faster and was jumping which told me finally mr. Catfish came to visit me. It was about 24 inches long and about 4 lb. My friend filmed it and we left at 4 so we were there a couple hours just the one fish. Take care Ken
    https://youtu.be/Xt_Okw6Hr94
    I still need to Google narcissist or whatever she called me in the video.

4. Likes Jam liked this post