Thread: Hook 5 issue

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hook 5 issue

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    So you thinking the height or the angle of the transducer is not correct ?

Thanks.
    Those are things that may be part of the problem. You'd need to tell me or show me. Maybe some pics of the transom, the xdcr, and under the boat. It is critical to understand where your boat rides at idle and also on pad.

If you look at my pontoon boat right above, you can understand this better because it is quite prominent. But, with a top speed of about 16, the boats attitude doesn't vary much.

Edd
    Pro Staff - LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    Pro Staff - SHASTA TACKLE CO
    Pro Staff - SCOTTY FISHING
    Pro Staff - SHARK TROLLING PRODUCTS
    Pro-Staff - WATER WOLF HD CAMERAS
    Ambassador - Pro-Cure Bait Scents

Post Thanks / Like

So you thinking the height or the angle of the transducer is not correct ?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a problem with all brands that can be rectified. You first need to know your boats 'attitude' at WOT or On-pad. Next you need the same info for trolling/idle speed. Now you need to inspect the transom and underside of the hull. Compare your current installation against the new info you have, then reinstall your transducer to give you the best result at; high speed, trolling/idle speed, or BOBW.

Other considerations are the quality, and mounting style of your current transducer. It may be necessary to upgrade or change the mounting style in order to achieve your desired results.

Edd
    Pro Staff - LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    Pro Staff - SHASTA TACKLE CO
    Pro Staff - SCOTTY FISHING
    Pro Staff - SHARK TROLLING PRODUCTS
    Pro-Staff - WATER WOLF HD CAMERAS
    Ambassador - Pro-Cure Bait Scents

4. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the hook units as well... it freezes out every trip.... i have to unplug it so it resets. Mine usually loses depth when im travelling over deeper water, like 40-50ft, at cruising speed

Post Thanks / Like

The only way I can get my Lowrance to find the bottom again once it looses it and does not reset in a minute or so is to go to the manual depth setting and enter the depth that is closest to what you are. It will then usually find the bottom. Then you can go back to the auto mode. I fish with one guy who has just given up and he leaves his on manual mode at 50 feet all of the time.
    Mine is an Elite 5 HDI and it only happens about once every 3-4 trips. I know my way may not be the best but it is the only way I can get it to find the bottom again.

Post Thanks / Like

Hook 5 issue

I have a new Lowrance Hook 5 that loses depth reading at high speed which is normal but when i slow down it does not reset and find bottom many times. Sometime it will but alot of time it seems frozen with no depth, any thoughts ?

Thanks