Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crab snare casting at Pt Reyes

In theory, this should work. I know you can catch a surf perch along the entire north shore @ point reyes. Easiest access would be at the North or South Beach and Kehoe. My only concern would be huge surf, so check the tides and surf conditions before going. Otherwise, you'd need a ton of weight to keep your snare from washing back to the shore.

Quote Originally Posted by remf3 View Post
    With opening day coming up, I wanted to try surf casting a crab snare this year. I've never done this before and, frankly, I'm not much of a fisherman. I've done a lot of research, watched videos and talked to people that I think I have the theory down but I need some help on places. I was thinking about Kehoe beach at Pt Reyes. I took my kids out there a couple years ago and there was a metric crap-ton of molt all over the beach. Is this a good sign or am I just being overly optimistic? I'm trying to avoid SF beaches as I'm sure they will be packed. If I'm going to flail around and look foolish, I prefer to do that in private...

Post Thanks / Like

Crab snare casting at Pt Reyes

With opening day coming up, I wanted to try surf casting a crab snare this year. I've never done this before and, frankly, I'm not much of a fisherman. I've done a lot of research, watched videos and talked to people that I think I have the theory down but I need some help on places. I was thinking about Kehoe beach at Pt Reyes. I took my kids out there a couple years ago and there was a metric crap-ton of molt all over the beach. Is this a good sign or am I just being overly optimistic? I'm trying to avoid SF beaches as I'm sure they will be packed. If I'm going to flail around and look foolish, I prefer to do that in private...