Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coyote Abatement

Well I'm still at it... Chasing coyote's that is.. Going out tomorrow with the new hot rod 5.56. Got it sighted in Monday and it's a tack driver. I built this one myself and got really anal about having things perfectly aligned and squared. The scope windage came in .4 mrad from factory zero and the elevation at 100 yards is -9.6 MRAD. I have to dial it down because I have a 20 MOA rise on the mount so I can get out to 1000 yards. I would run out of adjustment if I didn't have it.

The rifle is a 5.56 NATO with a lot of hidden goodies. The scope is a Schmidt and Bender PMII 3.5x25x56. It will focus crystal clear down to 30 meters which is amazing.

That red bull is the corner target of a 12x12 at 100 yards. It's the size of a dime.

This was a different day but is the whole target just to give you a little perspective.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 01-23-2018 at 08:53 PM.

2. Likes monkey916, Kimochou, CRABBY liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRABBY View Post
    LOL,guess he got his rifle fixed....
    Yes I did fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL,guess he got his rifle fixed....

Post Thanks / Like

LineStretcher,

I’m glad you like our rifle!

Dianne Bishop
    Bishop Ammunition & Firearms
    Last edited by Dianne; 01-04-2018 at 07:46 PM.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Deer Rifle. Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel upper. I figured the best way to get the perfect upper was to buy it from the company that invented the 6.5 Grendel.

The nice thing about the AR platform is that I now have 3 rifles and just one lower.

The 6.5 is a heavy barrel and steadys up quick. I'll take it out to the range tomorrow. I have a 4rnd legal mag for it and a 10 rnd that I'll probably never use.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 12-26-2017 at 04:58 PM.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge View Post
    You only need a trapping license if your going to sell the hides or plan to run a trap line. If you shoot a yote with a nice pelt, don't hesitate to keep it.
    I know the regulations are somewhat contradictory so I emailed dnr.

1-"Coyotes are an unprotected species in Nevada.*They can be hunted by both resident and non-residents in the state without a hunting license.
    However, if you are selling the fur, or trapping coyote, you will need a trapping license."
    2-"Every person who takes fur-bearing mammals by any legal method or unprotected mammals by trapping or sells raw furs for profit shall procure a trapping license."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I know the Regs and they're written so they can catch poachers with the least amount of legal action. I'll probably take a hide occasionally once I get a little more comfortable.

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    In Nevada, if you keep the hide, you technically need a trappers license just because it would be hard to prove that you weren't keeping it for future sale. I talked to a few folks about it and they all said it's best to let them lay where they are shot.

The Bishop is fine tuned for G3 competition and doesn't like a full clip. The gas block is adjustable but it will not fully cycle with more than 10 rounds in a 20 round clip or 15 rounds in a 30. I reported the problem to Merrisa Bishop (she built it) and I'm waiting for a response. In the mean time, I ordered a Noveske upper which I know will be perfect.
    You only need a trapping license if your going to sell the hides or plan to run a trap line. If you shoot a yote with a nice pelt, don't hesitate to keep it.
    I know the regulations are somewhat contradictory so I emailed dnr.

1-"Coyotes are an unprotected species in Nevada.*They can be hunted by both resident and non-residents in the state without a hunting license.
    However, if you are selling the fur, or trapping coyote, you will need a trapping license."
    2-"Every person who takes fur-bearing mammals by any legal method or unprotected mammals by trapping or sells raw furs for profit shall procure a trapping license."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9. Likes CRABBY, BigUnInDaBoat, reeltor liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Sweet! That looks like fun.

My Bushmaster shoots both 5.56 and 2.23. Recently I bought a new upper in 6.5 grendel 20" fluted, MLOK forends, it is so damn accurate it's eye opening. An article appeared in this months NRA American Hunter where the author who hunts yotes a lot changed from 2.23 to .22-250 because he said he was hitting them with it and had too many get back up and run on him. I really want to try to preserve some hides from them.
    In Nevada, if you keep the hide, you technically need a trappers license just because it would be hard to prove that you weren't keeping it for future sale. I talked to a few folks about it and they all said it's best to let them lay where they are shot.

The Bishop is fine tuned for G3 competition and doesn't like a full clip. The gas block is adjustable but it will not fully cycle with more than 10 rounds in a 20 round clip or 15 rounds in a 30. I reported the problem to Merrisa Bishop (she built it) and I'm waiting for a response. In the mean time, I ordered a Noveske upper which I know will be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Shot this one in 2011(the old post is still here) with a marlin Model 60 22 rifle,shot off my rear deck at 330 feet thru field fencing,36 grain 22 CCI HP,hit em in the eye socket an the bullet bounced up into his brain an the sucker dropped like a rag.Very,very lucky shot.No idea what killed the deer.Buzzards finished them both off.Usually shoot em with my Mini14 or AR but the Marlin was right next to me when I saw the sucker...

Click to enlarge

Last edited by CRABBY; 12-03-2017 at 02:04 PM.

12. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, LineStretcher liked this post
    Dislikes BigUnInDaBoat disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice,Nice Weapon Steve,go get some fur.
    Last edited by CRABBY; 12-03-2017 at 02:08 PM.

14. Dislikes BigUnInDaBoat disliked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast