Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: collind fest

Post Thanks / Like

Re: collind fest

Yep I'm In , heck they have those group picnic areas for a potluck . Tightlines BF

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a lot of people are interested and
    want to do this fest at Collins.I for
    one am in for it.
    I know that the last few fests at Collins we were all
    scatterd thru out the camp ground but found a
    common place to hang out at some ones camp spot.
    We all did the pot luck thing and things turned out great.
    If this gets off the ground I plan on making it a 4-5 day
    thing cause I've got vacation time to burn.
    If the weather is good The early part of April
    is good for me.I still tent camp and try to get
    space 79.

4. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    Collins Lake website has all the info you need to think about where you would camp and how much you are willing to pay. They have maps showing everything. The prices start at $35 per night for open area camping and go to $65 per night for full hook ups for your RV. Cabins are around $225 per night. How would any one person arrange for a group of campsites to fit everyone's budget??? If a group of Sniffers decide to go to Collins on any given weekend and they call and make reservations for themselves then you could get together and have a nice meal and maybe even some friendly banter about fishing. I really don't see how one or two members here are going to take charge, arrange and pay for campsites and then "HOPE" enough people show up to make it work out. If on the other hand 5 members call up and reserve a campsite for the same weekend then you have a start. My suggestion is for a bunch of members to just plan on the open camping area on a date and go. If you are one who makes a more expensive reservation and only 3 people show, well you can have a pleasant weekend of fishing and camping and that isn't bad.
    Like I said I am not an organizer so maybe I am missing something but the organizer really can't make people go camping and show up. I have no idea how the prior organizers got sites reserved and then arranged for everyone to pay their own way. I don't camp there but I do fish there.

Man that sure is a lot of info from someone who doesn't want to organize it.... hahahaha

6. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Collins Lake website has all the info you need to think about where you would camp and how much you are willing to pay. They have maps showing everything. The prices start at $35 per night for open area camping and go to $65 per night for full hook ups for your RV. Cabins are around $225 per night. How would any one person arrange for a group of campsites to fit everyone's budget??? If a group of Sniffers decide to go to Collins on any given weekend and they call and make reservations for themselves then you could get together and have a nice meal and maybe even some friendly banter about fishing. I really don't see how one or two members here are going to take charge, arrange and pay for campsites and then "HOPE" enough people show up to make it work out. If on the other hand 5 members call up and reserve a campsite for the same weekend then you have a start. My suggestion is for a bunch of members to just plan on the open camping area on a date and go. If you are one who makes a more expensive reservation and only 3 people show, well you can have a pleasant weekend of fishing and camping and that isn't bad.
    Like I said I am not an organizer so maybe I am missing something but the organizer really can't make people go camping and show up. I have no idea how the prior organizers got sites reserved and then arranged for everyone to pay their own way. I don't camp there but I do fish there.

8. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe get some input from Collins "regulars"? They could give info on camp areas, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Waterdog has taken the bait. That date works for me. I might even be able to talk Okie and Hooks into going. I cant comment on a campground because I have never been to the lake.
    Lund 18 Fisherman, Mercury 115 4 stroke, Mercury 9.9 4 stroke kicker, Minn kota 24 volt, 2 Scotty electric DR......Fish beware!!

11. Likes okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears that there is a lot of interest in a Collins Fest. So this may happen. I don’t think organizing it would be a big deal. You just need someone to be in charge of a Fest thread and that person has to generally organize a few things similar to the way the Pyramid Fest goes.
    Im not yet ready to volunteer but I’m going to ask 2 questions and go from there.
    First as far as dates what do you all think about the weekend of April 28? That’s 2 weeks after the Pyramid Fest so it won’t conflict with that fest and as I understand the lake lice aren’t yet out there?
    Second who knows of a camp ground there we could use?
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

13. Likes Jfitalia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_junky View Post
    Dang I never seen Chick last October unless she just dropped by and left. :( She normally stays for a couple days.

If this Collins lake fest happens. Fingers crossed ;) and you need a ride I'd love to have you aboard my boat
    Okie.
    appreciate that. we'll see
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_junky View Post
    Dang I never seen Chick last October unless she just dropped by and left. :( She normally stays for a couple days.

If this Collins lake fest happens. Fingers crossed ;) and you need a ride I'd love to have you aboard my boat
    Okie.

Didn't your parents tell you its not safe to pickup hitchhikers ?? Especially that one , ever heard of Lmao disease ? "Be Safe" :)

16. Likes okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    a lot of sniffers left for the other site, chick still comes to the fests, haven't seen bib b
    in a long time. the reason they? decided tohave the pmid fests on the 2nd full weekend
    of april and oct is because a lot of people have toplan their vactions.
    at least that's what I was told.

be safe

Okie.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

18. Likes okie liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast