Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: December 7th 1941 Remenber

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Thing was that without the "code breakers" and the "code talkers (native Indians)" our country would probably lost the war. Germany was technologically superior to us and the Japanese had 10 carriers to our 3. I was stationed at Herzogenaurach Germany a base that had the rocket plane that was capable of 560 mph but limited to duration. I also think that Germany would have had the A bomb sooner than the allies if they had not stopped production of heavy water. Look at China today, they are making things faster than us........Jetspray
    while I was in the navy, I became very familiar with the German 'enigma' machine'.
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

Thing was that without the "code breakers" and the "code talkers (native Indians)" our country would probably lost the war. Germany was technologically superior to us and the Japanese had 10 carriers to our 3. I was stationed at Herzogenaurach Germany a base that had the rocket plane that was capable of 560 mph but limited to duration. I also think that Germany would have had the A bomb sooner than the allies if they had not stopped production of heavy water. Look at China today, they are making things faster than us........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis l View Post
    My dad passed Jan this year he served in the Navy WW11 in the South Pacific. He always wanted to sail back, the only stories were about his fleet boxing. Thanks and you are missed. Sad note sometimes we don't find out about or Uncles and Aunts contributions until they pass and it shows up in the obits.
    Very true, my mother's father fought in WWI in France and my uncle (mom's brother) fought in Italy (WWII) and was hit by mustard gas (yes the Germans used it).........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

I visited Pearl Harbor on 3 different trips and went to the memorial every time. I also went to the French Coast museums on two different trips and visited everything there that happened on D-Day. It all comes to mind every time a day like this comes by........Jetspray

6. Likes MyPhoenix2301, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The memorial at Pearl Harbor is the most solemn place I’ve ever been.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My family went to Hawaii in July to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Pearl Harbor was at the top of my list. The oil is still seeping; I don't think it will ever stop. Nor should our remembrance ever stop of what happened that day in history.

10. Likes Jetspray, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the memorial in Hawaii is a sobering place to visit, if you ever have the opportunity visit it.
    the first time I was there you could still see oil coming to the surface. probably all gone by now.
    when I was on midway island, there was still signs form the bombing by the Japanese planes.
    be safe

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad passed Jan this year he served in the Navy WW11 in the South Pacific. He always wanted to sail back, the only stories were about his fleet boxing. Thanks and you are missed. Sad note sometimes we don't find out about or Uncles and Aunts contributions until they pass and it shows up in the obits.

14. Likes CRABBY, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OYD View Post
    I remember the day-I was almost 6 years of age. I remember hearing the news of the attack and all us kids in the neighborhood talking about it and then later in the day hearing of the declaration of war by President Roosevelt on the radio.
    My dad was 5 days short of turning 91, I was born in 1950, so much history has been forgotten since that day and most young never understood it anyway. When I was in Germany I had a fella tell me that most of the adults I saw were born after WWII, it was a younger population at that time (1970's). Today the teachers have a different thought process as far as I can see........Jetspray

16. Likes dennis l, CRABBY, okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the day-I was almost 6 years of age. I remember hearing the news of the attack and all us kids in the neighborhood talking about it and then later in the day hearing of the declaration of war by President Roosevelt on the radio.

18. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, CRABBY, okie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast