Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glide v3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glide v3

Quote Originally Posted by monkey916 View Post
    You might not have to thin it if you're just doing the outside of the lure and the bottles are kept at room temp... Keep the bottles in your room... If they get cold it doesnt flow out of the bottle well or mix well... Stripers online has some good threads on epoxy and wood lures... Only problem with 5 minute is it dries to fast for you to be able to work with it and it turns yellowish in the sun... Looked up tons of info on this stuff when i was doing my wood lures...
    Really appreciate the info. If I donít get around to it just yet, I think itíll be fine. Resin is water proof anyways. Some glossy clear coat or glitter mixed in would really make it look nice.

Post Thanks / Like

You might not have to thin it if you're just doing the outside of the lure and the bottles are kept at room temp... Keep the bottles in your room... If they get cold it doesnt flow out of the bottle well or mix well... Stripers online has some good threads on epoxy and wood lures... Only problem with 5 minute is it dries to fast for you to be able to work with it and it turns yellowish in the sun... Looked up tons of info on this stuff when i was doing my wood lures...
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael's sells a 2 part epoxy called envirotex lite... Must mix exactly 50/50... I thin with denatured alcohol... Only buy the epoxy at Michael's when you get the 40% one item thing... Gotta mix it with something metal and slow... Mix it with wood or plastic fast or slow and you get bubbles... The bubbles will not come out so they transfer to the bait..

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Thatís good info. Iíll check it out if I g t a chance to tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Michael's sells a 2 part epoxy called envirotex lite... Must mix exactly 50/50... I thin with denatured alcohol... Only buy the epoxy at Michael's when you get the 40% one item thing... Gotta mix it with something metal and slow... Mix it with wood or plastic fast or slow and you get bubbles... The bubbles will not come out so they transfer to the bait..

" Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

5. Likes Peepoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty awesome! Great hobby... Especially during the colder months

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Next time you make something like that... Gimme a weeks notice ( basically so I can have it a few days) and I'll epoxy it for you and put it on my barbeque rottesserie aka lure spinner...

Iím down. I think my dad has one of those too. My other friend is trying 5 minute epoxy as a clear coat for his but it isnít looking too great.

Post Thanks / Like

Next time you make something like that... Gimme a weeks notice ( basically so I can have it a few days) and I'll epoxy it for you and put it on my barbeque rottesserie aka lure spinner...

9. Likes QueenAnnesRevenge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge View Post
    Looks great
    I wouldn't stress over a paint job, if anything chartreuse that tail and clear coat the rest?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Iíll probably just dip that tail and fish it straight resin. Havenít had any luck messing with clear coat. Got any product you recommend?

My friend is making some single piece bluegill/tule perch profiled gliders. Carved from redwood.

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great
    I wouldn't stress over a paint job, if anything chartreuse that tail and clear coat the rest?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    Results? All show and no go? LOL
    Havenít been fishing much lately. In the process of moving so Iíll be back on the water closer to Christmas. If I sneak out for a bit, itís a bank session.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast