Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Kokanee fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Mikfish View Post
    Whiskeytown is fishing good right now for kokes. Normally I'd wait for spring as well. But the limits are coming easy. There were 3 Paulina Peak tackle boats out there with 3 guys per boat and got their limits before I even started at about 10:30 am. I got my limit in 2 hours, plus 1 colored up buck. Also a rainbow in the mix. The kokes are 10' down, going deeper in afternoon to 20' down. Orange seems to be the color. 3 off Paulina peak hammered dodger/micro hoochie/spinner. 2 off sling blade with orange hoochies. The colored koke (good size) came off sling blade with glow hoochie/green smile blade. Leaders 8 to 10" from dodger. Also got 1 rainbow off Trinidad Tackle Optimizer black/silver on way back to ramp.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Colored kokes matter.. Released.

2. Likes Taiki, dr.fish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whiskeytown is fishing good right now for kokes. Normally I'd wait for spring as well. But the limits are coming easy. There were 3 Paulina Peak tackle boats out there with 3 guys per boat and got their limits before I even started at about 10:30 am. I got my limit in 2 hours, plus 1 colored up buck. Also a rainbow in the mix. The kokes are 10' down, going deeper in afternoon to 20' down. Orange seems to be the color. 3 off Paulina peak hammered dodger/micro hoochie/spinner. 2 off sling blade with orange hoochies. The colored koke (good size) came off sling blade with glow hoochie/green smile blade. Leaders 8 to 10" from dodger. Also got 1 rainbow off Trinidad Tackle Optimizer black/silver on way back to ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Chartreuse nice looking limit

Post Thanks / Like

Whiskey Town Lake 1/14/17

6. Likes chubbswheeler, RideNfish, dr.fish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a report from Whiskeytown and they did very well for kokes. I fish Stampeded and Boca and they are frozen......

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing. I also see some postings on Facebook and the fish looked pretty good, may have to try to find out

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheries Advocate View Post
    I have been watching a Kokanee forum on Facebook & they catch Kokanee through the winter. I usually stop around October & start again in April.. anyone one here in California fish for kokanee during the winter
    Too much other stuff going on between ducks, deer, pheasants, stripers and sturgeon. One thing I've noticed, the lakes that fish kokes year round have larger grade kokanee so during the winter they're catching next summer's 20" like and average 14-16" fish during the winter. Most of our kokes over winter would probably be in the range of 10-11" and not worth the hassle

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

10. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, EG1120 liked this post
    inland fisheries advocate
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter Kokanee fishing

I have been watching a Kokanee forum on Facebook & they catch Kokanee through the winter. I usually stop around October & start again in April.. anyone one here in California fish for kokanee during the winter