Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 duck season

Well, I got a bad cold so phoned in today's ressie.
    Shot a rice blind by sutter yesterday for a bull sprig and wigeon in the first 10 minutes and that was all she wrote
    could have shot a limit of buffleheads haha
    The blind north of us shot a teal hat trick (green wing, cinnamon, blue wing)
    Some pretty impressive goose grinds down 99 towards Sacramento

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hunted a local rice blind on Wednesday. We each shot a sprig but there wasn't much else flying. We did get a snow but even the geese were a mile high. According to the member I shot with his year started out OK then really slowed down. No weather.
    I am hunting near Grizzly Island this weekend on a club that has been doing well for small birds like teal. At least it will be action.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time in 40 years I haven’t been out by this time in the season. People I talk to haven’t had a great year. Seems like it’s been slow blue bird days. I think we need some real weather to get it going. Let us know how you do and be sure to post some pix of that great looking lab of yours. (Hopefully with a fat mallard in his mouth).
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2017 duck season

Anybody having a good one?
    The opener and mid November I had some great shoots. Now it's pretty dead, I have a resi for Howard slough on Sunday but the weather looks like a nice day for a sunrise and enjoy the marsh and let my dog stretch his legs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk