Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smallmouth Bass Fishing in Demcember with The EastBayAnglers

Quote Originally Posted by fishmaster20200 View Post
    Fish was Gut hooked as soon as i took the hook out it bled. I put it in water asap, the bleeding stopped. After almost 5 minutes in water, film you see had the variable speed changed to slowest possible when showing the bass. It was not out of the water very long i actually stopped the bleeding before thinking about a picture. Bass was Lively & swam away, your right there is a possibility of Death, due to a Treble hook in the Stomach area, and loss of blood. Thanks for the Great Input, i already have read on how to care for the fish & release it back in the water asap to stop bleeding. In this case it was a Bad situation, like i said the Bleeding stopped, i am hoping for the best.
    Listen you've been given grief for years over your fish handling skills. Why have they not improved? You are obviously not a "bad" fisherman, but as vlogger, you could represent the community much better.

2. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chubbswheeler View Post
    That fish was injured with good possibility of death. From what your video shows it doesn't look like a small amount of blood like what you'd see from a mouth or even face hook damaged. Your fish seemed to be bleeding out from what we saw. There is plenty information on this forum on how to properly care for and release fish. Otherwise they will end up floating.
    Maybe time to learn some new recipes.
    Fish was Gut hooked as soon as i took the hook out it bled. I put it in water asap, the bleeding stopped. After almost 5 minutes in water, film you see had the variable speed changed to slowest possible when showing the bass. It was not out of the water very long i actually stopped the bleeding before thinking about a picture. Bass was Lively & swam away, your right there is a possibility of Death, due to a Treble hook in the Stomach area, and loss of blood. Thanks for the Great Input, i already have read on how to care for the fish & release it back in the water asap to stop bleeding. In this case it was a Bad situation, like i said the Bleeding stopped, i am hoping for the best.
    Last edited by fishmaster20200; 01-04-2018 at 07:57 AM.

4. Dislikes chubbswheeler disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That fish was injured with good possibility of death. From what your video shows it doesn't look like a small amount of blood like what you'd see from a mouth or even face hook damaged. Your fish seemed to be bleeding out from what we saw. There is plenty information on this forum on how to properly care for and release fish. Otherwise they will end up floating.
    Maybe time to learn some new recipes.

6. Likes MKE, natemeister, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good catch to end the year. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelydude View Post
    Very nice smallmouth!

But what has me fired up is lake trout, from shore, on lures. Not a common feat in California. Maybe you should post this to the Trout Board...
    Maybe i should
    Last edited by fishmaster20200; 12-29-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice smallmouth!

But what has me fired up is lake trout, from shore, on lures. Not a common feat in California. Maybe you should post this to the Trout Board...

Post Thanks / Like

Smallmouth Bass Fishing in Demcember with The EastBayAnglers

Been Bass fishing and it has been very slow since nov some bass here & there 1-2 lb's in size. I was able to hook into this Crazy Smallmouth Bass, did not have a scale :[ but did not need one to see it was a big fish. Put up a Good fight, i played the fish not knowing how big it was until the end, and happy i did. It likely would have been a fish story if i was not taking my time and being patient. Here are some quick photos/still's from the Go Pro, the low light conditions made the pictures a bit darker than i would have liked. Wish i had more time to get a better shot but was more concerned with getting the fish back in the water as fast as possible. The fish was in shock by the end of the battle, so i left him in the water to revive and he swam off to get bigger. Photo has part of the tail cut off. This fish had insane Girth for it's size, i have never seen a bass so fat all the way around, never.

-The EastBayanglers-

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5u0mFhj0o4

Last edited by fishmaster20200; 12-29-2017 at 03:38 PM.

11. Likes nayr liked this post
    Dislikes chubbswheeler disliked this post