Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Letís have some wipe out

Mine was a 4 door and painted blue, it had the old 396 4 bbl, but the transmission was shot and all of the rubber under the hood was just about gone when I got it. Lots of work and money pumped in before I got rid of it..........Jetspray

Last edited by Jetspray; 01-13-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Not all of us were uber rich in the 60's, most cars were equipped with a AM radio only and FM Stereo was for rich kids too. Graduated with that class of people in 1968 from Washington High in Fremont Ca. My friend had a 8 track tape in the car that he had, which we cruised East 14th in San Leandro. He went down to San Jose and got some 8 tracks that were black market copies of records or Reel to Reel tape music, I went along. I could not afford to put those things in my 1957 Oldsmobile 88, I was having to fix it up with what little funds I had from digging ditches. The Olds was a hand me down from my dad & mom, which my dad took very poor care of and it needed a bunch of parts to keep it moving along with tires. I do believe that 8 tracks were the best fidelity at the time you could have in your car. I had portable radios to listen to FM Stereo though..........Jetspray

Here ya go............
    Catch ya later ... hooks

4. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think itís why cassettes were such great hit they were actually a miniature reel to reel. I bought one of the very first 8 track recorders from Tandy corporation. Man I use to make lot tapes for people especially my dad. He loved that country and western station KEAP out of Fresno and KRAK out of Sacramento. I loved the great rock songs from KYNO Fresno...

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Letís have some wipe out

Not all of us were uber rich in the 60's, most cars were equipped with a AM radio only and FM Stereo was for rich kids too. Graduated with that class of people in 1968 from Washington High in Fremont Ca. My friend had a 8 track tape in the car that he had, which we cruised East 14th in San Leandro. He went down to San Jose and got some 8 tracks that were black market copies of records or Reel to Reel tape music, I went along. I could not afford to put those things in my 1957 Oldsmobile 88, I was having to fix it up with what little funds I had from digging ditches. The Olds was a hand me down from my dad & mom, which my dad took very poor care of and it needed a bunch of parts to keep it moving along with tires. I do believe that 8 tracks were the best fidelity at the time you could have in your car. I had portable radios to listen to FM Stereo though..........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes Waterdog, CrappieJed, hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Had to have this too....

Nice find I love that music

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Letís have some wipe out

[QUOTE=Waterdog;1141354]Hereís a picture of an 8 track tape cartridge.

[/Q When the tape player eat a tape what a problem UOTE]

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeh I had a reverb unit too. Made music sound like an echo chamber. It was cool! Music by the ventures really sounded good with reverb.
    Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to have this too....

Catch ya later ... hooks

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And before the 8 track?

​Definitely not for cruising though....needle skipped on just about every bump in the road.
    Last edited by hooks; 01-08-2018 at 02:27 AM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

18. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hereís a picture of an 8 track tape cartridge.

Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers and a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey at the end of the day - Life Is Sweet

20. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast