Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Letís have some wipe out

Mine was a 4 door and painted blue, it had the old 396 4 bbl, but the transmission was shot and all of the rubber under the hood was just about gone when I got it. Lots of work and money pumped in before I got rid of it..........Jetspray

Last edited by Jetspray; 01-13-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Not all of us were uber rich in the 60's, most cars were equipped with a AM radio only and FM Stereo was for rich kids too. Graduated with that class of people in 1968 from Washington High in Fremont Ca. My friend had a 8 track tape in the car that he had, which we cruised East 14th in San Leandro. He went down to San Jose and got some 8 tracks that were black market copies of records or Reel to Reel tape music, I went along. I could not afford to put those things in my 1957 Oldsmobile 88, I was having to fix it up with what little funds I had from digging ditches. The Olds was a hand me down from my dad & mom, which my dad took very poor care of and it needed a bunch of parts to keep it moving along with tires. I do believe that 8 tracks were the best fidelity at the time you could have in your car. I had portable radios to listen to FM Stereo though..........Jetspray

Here ya go............
    Catch ya later ... hooks

4. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think itís why cassettes were such great hit they were actually a miniature reel to reel. I bought one of the very first 8 track recorders from Tandy corporation. Man I use to make lot tapes for people especially my dad. He loved that country and western station KEAP out of Fresno and KRAK out of Sacramento. I loved the great rock songs from KYNO Fresno...

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Letís have some wipe out

Not all of us were uber rich in the 60's, most cars were equipped with a AM radio only and FM Stereo was for rich kids too. Graduated with that class of people in 1968 from Washington High in Fremont Ca. My friend had a 8 track tape in the car that he had, which we cruised East 14th in San Leandro. He went down to San Jose and got some 8 tracks that were black market copies of records or Reel to Reel tape music, I went along. I could not afford to put those things in my 1957 Oldsmobile 88, I was having to fix it up with what little funds I had from digging ditches. The Olds was a hand me down from my dad & mom, which my dad took very poor care of and it needed a bunch of parts to keep it moving along with tires. I do believe that 8 tracks were the best fidelity at the time you could have in your car. I had portable radios to listen to FM Stereo though..........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes Waterdog, CrappieJed, hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Had to have this too....

Nice find I love that music

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Letís have some wipe out

[QUOTE=Waterdog;1141354]Hereís a picture of an 8 track tape cartridge.

[/Q When the tape player eat a tape what a problem UOTE]

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeh I had a reverb unit too. Made music sound like an echo chamber. It was cool! Music by the ventures really sounded good with reverb.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to have this too....

Catch ya later ... hooks

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And before the 8 track?

​Definitely not for cruising though....needle skipped on just about every bump in the road.
    Last edited by hooks; 01-08-2018 at 02:27 AM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

18. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hereís a picture of an 8 track tape cartridge.

Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

20. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast