Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: North fork composites

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    On average, whatís your cost on making a rod of that caliber ?

Iím seriously considering getting into it since I buy rods and am constantly unhappy with them. Iíve tried Dobyns champion, irod, okuma, Daiwa and Phenix and canít say Iím anywhere near ultimately satisfied with any one Iíve tried.

Itíd be for what I do throwing big baits for stripers. I want to build an ultimate glide bait rod capable of chucking up to 10oz that stays beneath 8í. Salmon back bouncer on steroids, loads up easy and flings a 6oz lure without much effort, but not too whippy in the tip.

Got any blank recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your on the right track with the back bouncer blanks.
    I built a bb 809 for a general casting rod. Used it in so cal for throwing iron for yellowtails and off our coast for swimbaits and light bars for rocks and lings
    It would
    Unfortunately, cost is generally higher than an off the shelf today least to start with

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, again? NFC had five or six 50% off sales since April of last year.

The earlier sales were truly half off as they included shipping in the price. I have three of the St-905 HM blanks, normal retail is $321. The first two blanks I got 2 for 1. The third blank I purchased for $128 when GetBit had their NFC 60% off sale.

I wish they'd sell the Black Widow woven carbon fiber handle for half off.

Post Thanks / Like

On average, whatís your cost on making a rod of that caliber ?

Iím seriously considering getting into it since I buy rods and am constantly unhappy with them. Iíve tried Dobyns champion, irod, okuma, Daiwa and Phenix and canít say Iím anywhere near ultimately satisfied with any one Iíve tried.

Itíd be for what I do throwing big baits for stripers. I want to build an ultimate glide bait rod capable of chucking up to 10oz that stays beneath 8í. Salmon back bouncer on steroids, loads up easy and flings a 6oz lure without much effort, but not too whippy in the tip.

Got any blank recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

North fork composites

This is Gary Loomis' company, all blanks are 1/2 off. I've built quite a few and they're great blanks.
    I ordered a hs821, similar to the old hs981.
    8'2" 10-20, mag medium power.
    Extra fast tip

I'll drop an Alps reel seat over carbon fiber butt and a 5" cork foregrip

I've used this style blank for salmon plugging, striper trolling , drifting live bait they're a fun rod for schoolies but plenty of power in the bottom 1/2 for salmon, big stripers and halibut. Great tip too
    Last edited by QueenAnnesRevenge; 01-06-2018 at 09:25 PM.

5. Likes dsa2780 liked this post