Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whiskey Slu Sunday 1/6/18

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    Low 40's, I haven't seen that this season yet, where you been fishing....
    And last trip , are you talking about this month or last month?

Thanks

But fifty fish, yeah.. that's great.
    this was during the holidays so it has been a few weeks. i cant say exactly where was out of respect for a few guys who were out there with me, but lets just say it was west delta, so they should be headed up the system toward you guys soon if they arent already up there. during that trip water temps were about 44F, and they were still biting like it was early fall. i had a rat l trap i just got and that thing got retired that day it got crushed so hard. ive been lagging on my sniffer reports lately due to life being so hectic but ill post some pics soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    Things were looking great. Smolts got released up in the upper Sacramento River and I was hoping the river wouldn’t muddy up, in hopes of having some big fish shots down by clarksburg, but looks like it’s all turning to chocolate milk after these few days of rain. Was stoked about not having to spend the winter fishing the back sloughs. But I guess with the changing clarity, I’ll have to adjust for a bit. Hope you’re getting into them on the troll and spoon
    Yeah, I heard yesterday the water is at Rio Vista...*&$^&&*%%$##...
    Well like you said, will have to readjust.
    My fish count has gone way down, but I'm still getting some... haven't found the jig fest yet though.
    Hope this Fog doesn't any thicker, might de-rail my weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LONO100 View Post
    numbers are there too if that's what you're looking for. landed over 50 nice ones on my last trip using traps and chatterbaits with the water in the low 40's.
    Low 40's, I haven't seen that this season yet, where you been fishing....
    And last trip , are you talking about this month or last month?

Thanks

But fifty fish, yeah.. that's great.

Post Thanks / Like

numbers are there too if that's what you're looking for. landed over 50 nice ones on my last trip using traps and chatterbaits with the water in the low 40's.

5. Likes sollimes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tacedeous View Post
    man are you guys eatin those??
    Green fish? No way.

Post Thanks / Like

man are you guys eatin those??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    Nice looking Blackbass DSA, I thought you were out there somewhere. You're right winter Delta fishing is a lot tougher. Only the die hards are out there now... still getting mine, just not the numbers I like, but better than hanging around the house..
    Things were looking great. Smolts got released up in the upper Sacramento River and I was hoping the river wouldn’t muddy up, in hopes of having some big fish shots down by clarksburg, but looks like it’s all turning to chocolate milk after these few days of rain. Was stoked about not having to spend the winter fishing the back sloughs. But I guess with the changing clarity, I’ll have to adjust for a bit. Hope you’re getting into them on the troll and spoon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    Tip to the OP, go bigger with presentations this time of year. There was a very very large wave of fresh stripes that moved in with the full moon on the new year king tides. The water is cold so they want something big to make it worth their effort. Hookup ratios are low but you see lots of fish, maybe try an s waver or similar bait if the rattle traps and white swimmers aren’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice looking Blackbass DSA, I thought you were out there somewhere. You're right winter Delta fishing is a lot tougher. Only the die hards are out there now... still getting mine, just not the numbers I like, but better than hanging around the house..

Post Thanks / Like

Tip to the OP, go bigger with presentations this time of year. There was a very very large wave of fresh stripes that moved in with the full moon on the new year king tides. The water is cold so they want something big to make it worth their effort. Hookup ratios are low but you see lots of fish, maybe try an s waver or similar bait if the rattle traps and white swimmers aren’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes USED 2 B IRON, redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, delta sucks in the winter. Stay home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast