Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Turkeys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wild Turkeys

Anybody else?

Post Thanks / Like

I have called jakes in every time I've hunted this season until last monday. The Tom had a 9.75" beard and these aharp hooked spurs.

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.t.p...8983337099827/

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.t.p...410261656/?t=7
    Last edited by Harvester; 04-27-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see your hauls?

Post Thanks / Like

We have them all over the place here in Valley Springs. They do a good job of fertilizing but also leave a big mess on the sidewalk/driveway. I am still fascinated by their beauty and survivability, tho.

Reeltor

Post Thanks / Like

It's time!

Post Thanks / Like

Hay Crabby, need any help with your problem birds? Drop me a line. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    2 years ago I got to hunt turkey for the first time on some private property outside placerville. My partner was good friends with the owner. The day before opening day the land owner took us all over the property showing us roosts, feeding areas, trails they use and on and on. He showed us a trail that 10 to 20 turkey use every day. That’s where we set up. The property is loaded with turkeys. The next day we were cammoed up and ready to shoot some turkey. We didn’t see a single turkey all day. We heard them and heard shots on surrounding properties but we didn’t see even a turkey Feather.
    Whats funny is the next day my wife and I went out to breakfast and there was several turkeys walking around the parking lot by my truck.
    LOL,yeah sometimes they don't cooperate.Had a couple members come up an hunt one season during archery season,they got limits day after day...I didn't let em come back again..Nice guys though.Stinkin deer are just as bad here,you'd think we were a dang wildlife preserve !!!!

8. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's about two or three dozens here how. I'd take a picture but it's raining too hard, don't want to get wet .
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

2 years ago I got to hunt turkey for the first time on some private property outside placerville. My partner was good friends with the owner. The day before opening day the land owner took us all over the property showing us roosts, feeding areas, trails they use and on and on. He showed us a trail that 10 to 20 turkey use every day. That’s where we set up. The property is loaded with turkeys. The next day we were cammoed up and ready to shoot some turkey. We didn’t see a single turkey all day. We heard them and heard shots on surrounding properties but we didn’t see even a turkey Feather.
    Whats funny is the next day my wife and I went out to breakfast and there was several turkeys walking around the parking lot by my truck.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Those things are a total nuisance around here,I'd pop some but I don't care for all the dark meat, like that white breast .....

12. Likes Waterdog liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast